Typhus - Fall of Hydra Minoris - 100% COMPLETE

Dogbert

Typhus - Fall of Hydra Minoris - 100% COMPLETE

Post by Dogbert » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:50 pm

**EDIT**

Complete army done!

Rest of pictures throughout! Thanks IC!

Found out about this on FB and thought it was a really, really good way to get things done for once! Having a large supply of Nurgle and Death Guard kicking around I figured I would use that! I also got inspired to write some fluff to go with this army build because..hey why not!

Army list for 1000 points:

HQ: Typhus (1, 230 pts)
Elite: Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought (IA) (1, 275 pts)
Elite: Chaos Terminators (6, 324 pts)
Troops: Plague Zombies (35, 150 pts)

Total: 979

Additions to army list for 2000 points (using Daemon Allies as well):

HQ: Sorcerer (1, 160 pts)
Troops: Plague Marines (7, 225 pts)
Troops: Plague Marines (7, 225 pts)
HQ: Herald of Nurgle (1, 150 pts)
Troops: Nurglings (3, 45 pts)
Fast Attack: Plague Drones (3, 211 pts

Total: 2000

This list is mostly for fun, and gives me the excuse to get some awesome FW models that I have been waiting to get my hands on (mainly the Greater Daemon!). Since I had started Nurgle/Death Guard before I had a fair amount of stuff in various states of doneness, so I still have a bit of sorting to do.

Status of army:
Typhus (FW Typon model): Done!
Sorcerer (FW Sorcerer model): Done!
Zombies (3rd party models): Done!
Plague Marines Squad 1 (3rd party, FW and GW models): Done!
Plague Marines Squad 2 (3rd party, FW and GW models): Done!
Terminators (FW Grave Wardens/Death Shroud and FW upgrade kit): DoneDreadnought (FW Death Guard Contemptor and other FW bits): Done!
Herald of Nurgle: Done!
Nurglings: Done!
Plague Drones: Done!

Now for some fluff, which I hope to accompany each major update with to weave a narrative with this army and the fall Hydra Minoris. The first planet to fall victim to Typhus' Zombie Plague.

----------------

++++++++++TRANSMISSION INTERCEPTED+++++++++++
++++SOURCE::WRECKAGE OF DOCKING STATION LIMA.J44FS IN DECAYING ORBIT OF HYDRA MINORIS ++++
+++++UPLOADING MESSAGE CONTENTS+++++
++!WARNING! CLEARANCE NEEDED: INQUISITORIAL AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED++
…….ENTER PASSPHRASE
[][] [][][][][][] [][][][] [][][][]
+++AUTHORIZATION GRANTED+++
UNSPOOLING DATA…
BEGIN PLAYBACK: AUTHOR: HANOK EBNER || DESIGNATION: INDIGO PORT OVERSEER, T53 544 0F0

9 566 757.M41
DOCKING STATION LIMA.J44FS IN HIGH ORBIT ABOVE HYDRA MINORIS

I had to send Jang to the medicae to see Dhimitri again for the third time this rotation. He was lucky enough to get a leave break and he comes back sick? No fuggin' use to me when all he does is cough his bloody lungs out on shift. If he isn’t better soon I will have to find a replacement. I told him not to go to the Yugon slum markets, yet what does he do? Brings back some ugly lookin' statue with weird connected rings on it. "Long Life" totem my arse.

9 569 757.M41

Quite the scene in the mess tonight. Jang ends up spilling his guts out all over the table after dinner! Whatever Dhimitri has been giving him has obviously done nothing. I saw some weird green scabs on his arms while his mates were carrying him outta there. Looked like a couple of Rogan's boys caught the same thing as Jang. They just kept coughing all night long.

9 575 757.M41

Finally got Jang outta my crew due to Dhimitri agreeing to keep him on bed rest. His problem now. Whatever that bastard brought back with him has been spreading around the station. Been usin' my emergency respirator as much as possible just in case.

9 580 757.M41

I don't know what in His name Jang was up to today. One my guys saw somebody standing around in a medicae patients robe in Junction I-6. I went to check it out and was frozen stiff in shock at the site of him. Most of his hair had fallen out other than a couple grungy clumps and his skin... it looked like a fresh corspe. I tried to talk to him but he just stared right through me. When I finally got closer he was just mumbling about being hungry. I offered him my last biscuits i snagged from the mess but he didn't even look at it. I got a couple of the lads to take him back to the medicae. When they got back they said the place was jam packed with patients who were obviously infected with this damn bug. I wonder if anyone has contacted the Astra Medicus on Hydra yet?

------

My picture taking can suck, so I apologize. I hope to improve that as this goes on.

The start of the build!

And once they are all together

And the first 3 test models nearly done!

Last edited by Dogbert on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Hobby Challenge 2014: Death Guard and Daemons of Nurgle allies - COMPLETE

'There, feel the glory of necrosis, and rejoice! Nurgle loves you!' - Ulkair

Brninghalo

Re: Typhus - Fall of Hydra Minoris

Post by Brninghalo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:47 am

A good zombie project is something every HPC needs!

You are off to a great start with your project. Make sure to take breaks
from painting zombies or your loose your mind. :)

Your pic taking skills are just fine.

Good luck in the challenge!

Tom

Dogbert

Post by Dogbert » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Thanks! I was originally gunna do 2 full squads. After building 35 I am happy I chose otherwise lol

Tyranick

Post by Tyranick » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Looking good so far! Man that's a lot of zombies...

And the fluff idea's cool too. Might have to steal that. :D
40k Hobby Blog: Scribes of Terra

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:22 pm

And that is exactly what we are looking for in some Zombie action!

M O A R ! ! !

Dogbert

Post by Dogbert » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Small update. The rest of the army has arrived! Minus a couple items.

:D

Have finished another 10 zombies. Will hopefully get pictures up soon!

Dogbert

Post by Dogbert » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:39 pm

I never in a million years thought I could paint 35 models in less than a month. Thank you IC, I have never been so inspired. Here is my February commitment completed :) (and the rest of the first part of this story!).

-----
9 584 757.M41

Thirty men and woman killed today. I still don't really know what is going on around here. Apparently a bunch of the people in medicae started attacking the staff and other workers in the area. Whole station is on lock down now until this mess gets sorted. Think I will sneak out later tonight though to see what is happening for myself.

He fuggin' bit me! I saw Bran coming down the corridor towards me and I figured he was also trying to get answers, but when I put my hand out to greet him he lunged at me and bit it! I managed to push him off and run for it. Throne, it already looks infected... But it was omly twenty minutes ago. How is that possible?

9 595 757.M41

First it was the cough. Now I've been puking my guts out for days. That bastard Bran obviously gave me this damn sickness when he bit me. The wound won't heal either and its leaking a green pussy fluid now. I keep hearing scratching and banging on my door but no way am I going out there. Haven't heard anything now for days.

9 603 757.M41

I'm...so hungry. No food...hurrgg...I...I..What's happening to me...O Emperor....hear my cry...errgh...Guide me through the...hurrgh...blackest nights...

9 606 757.M41

......uuurgghhhh...huurggh....

------

ImageImageImage

And here is a sneak peek at March :). Very WIP. Very fun to build. A lot left to do.
Last edited by Dogbert on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regnak

Post by Regnak » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:19 pm

Man, thats a great idea with the Contemptor. Can't wait to see where you go from here :)
"It is better by far to be an object of fear than of respect, for one is a truth of the soul and the other an illusion of the mind."

Dogbert

Re: Typhus - Fall of Hydra Minoris - FEB Complete

Post by Dogbert » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:16 am

Progress update on the contemptor! I think I have all I want on there...thoughts? I feel if I add any more it may be overkill. This was an example of no real game plan. I just sat down..drilled..green stuffed and added bits when I found them. But I am happy with the result :)

Can't wait to start painting this badboy..

CrayolaSmoker

Re: Typhus - Fall of Hydra Minoris - FEB Complete

Post by CrayolaSmoker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:59 am

Organic flow converting is the best converting! Looks like just the right amount of work put into it. Very gross and menacing. So many ways you could go with the paint... Look forward to seeing it with color on it!

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”