Sigismund - Black Templars -- Challenge Complete!

Forum rules
Sigismund

Sigismund - Black Templars -- Challenge Complete!

Postby Sigismund » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:23 am

So I am hoping to redeem myself after falling off the wagon in the 2013 HPC. I have been playing Black Templars since Codex Armageddon and my army has never been completely painted. Recently I have been going on a rampage updating my army from a modelling standpoint. As anyone who has read the fantastic novel Helsreach can tell you, the Black Templars do not wear the Aquilla, "We do not wear His symbol, we are His symbol." This essentially means that my templars will have no chest plate Aquillas, preferring tabards, skulls etc. Finally, since I moved from Canada to the UK for school my list will be based off of the models I brought with me.

Black Templars 1000 Point Roster:

HQ:
High Marshal Helbrecht - 180 pts
Chaplain Grimaldus - 185 pts

Elites
Assault Terminators Squad - 6, thunder hammers/storm shields - 270 pts

Troops
Crusader Squad - 8 Initiates, 6 bp/ccw 1 meltagun, power fist, Sword Brother with power fist - 196 pts
Crusader Squad - 8 Initiates, 6 bolters 1 plasmagun 1 multimelta, Sword Brother - 161 pts

Total 992 pts

Here is a picture of the army test model that I painted last semester as a teaser for what the army will look like.

Last edited by Sigismund on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.

scales

Re: Sigismund - Black Templars

Postby scales » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 am

your test model looks really good, can't wait to see some more updates and all 1000pts completed.

p.s High Marshal Helbrecht and Chaplain Grimaldus in a 1000 pt list will be very daunting to the other player. Thats what i call the power of friendship.

cicero

Postby cicero » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:25 am

I love the white, I think I will try something like that on my dark eldar.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Sigismund

Postby Sigismund » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:45 pm

cicero wrote:I love the white, I think I will try something like that on my dark eldar.

Thanks! It is Pallid Wych Flesh with a really light wash of the Agrax Earthshade or whatever it's called then highlighted again with Pallid Wych mixed with some white. The chips in it are picked out with just white. Pallid Wych Flesh is a great colour for this kindof thing, it adds a slight bit of colour to the white since I find using just plain white is not only extremely difficult, but I find it ends up being really flat and boring.

Sigismund

Postby Sigismund » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:03 pm

February's commitment will be the close combat equipped crusader squad. The photo quality is not that great, but hopefully I can sort that out before the completed picture. Thanks to my pal Cicero for the idea for HPC inspirational propaganda!

Loopy
IC Staff

Postby Loopy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 pm

With inspiration like that, it should be difficult to fall off the wagon again. Great scheme. Looking forward to seeing it on more models. ;)

Sigismund

Postby Sigismund » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Here is my completed February commitment, 1 crusader squad ready for battle.

I was able to really knuckle down and get these done pretty quickly. These are my first attempts with freehand for the Templar crosses, but I am generally happy with the results and improving all the tiem. I also gave each guy a crusade badge for the third war for armageddon to add a bit of flavour. There are a few things I would like to improve on going forward, mostly refining my freehand skills and improving the blending on the armour. Overall I am pretty happy with these guys and I'm looking forward to getting more of them finished.

Group Shot

Dat Sword brother

cicero

Postby cicero » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Wow, badasses! Two powerfists and a meltagun these guys are ready to crash a party at Angrons place!

Really dig the nice deep red on the weapon housings and purity seals. :D
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Karma_Kamileon

Postby Karma_Kamileon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Your models show off that special kind of brushwork where I don't mind the occasional roughness because it gives them character and gritty style. Very impressive!

Sonic Rob

Postby Sonic Rob » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Congrats on getting a jump on the challenge - those campaign badges are a good look, I might have to steal that for some of my dudes.
Bolter marines never go out of fashion. They are the little black dress of troops choices.

Return to “Space Marines (All Chapters)”