cicero

Re: Cicero - Terrain Log - Realm of Tim 2 - Iconia VII

Post by cicero » Fri May 15, 2015 6:59 pm

First four tiles done. :)
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

FrozenAzrael

Post by FrozenAzrael » Fri May 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Cicero, I just discovered this thread. Mad props to you, those pieces of terrain are so full of awesomeness, you are so skilled!!
Loving the basilica, especially the doors and the Templar statue, that imperial knight head just fits so well.
When I get some time after I completed my Wolves Force ( in 7 years considering my pace :? ) I shall come back to your thread and get my a.. kicked into work mode. You are awesome sir.

Any pictures of the winter board you were talking about? Hope you'll have your game this week-end!
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - unattributable (circa M2)
Prospero Burns - Dan Abnett

cicero

Post by cicero » Fri May 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Thanks a lot frozen. :)

We will be finishing up a few terrain pieces tomorrow aftenoon in preperation for the battle. I will take some pictures for sure at that point.

Tonight worked on the desert board and packed up the army for tomorrow... 4000 points of chaos from two traitor legions, with the might of a great unclean one and a renegade shadowsword at their command. :twisted:

Picked up a GW prometheum relay kit, it is fantastic but the $/inch ratio is worse than footlongs at a baseball game. So I made a trip to home depot and added another 10 feet of 3/4" pvc pipe. The interior diameter fits perfectly over the flanges which come with the kit which will keep it interlocking.

The refinery takes shape

Dogberry1982

Post by Dogberry1982 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:05 am

Those desert tiles are fantastic. Please post pictures of the finished terrain, and a battle report :)

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Sun May 24, 2015 10:29 am

Great idea for the Prometheum Relay. And honestly it makes sense that it would be only be decorative at major junctions. Can you image the cost of building that pipe through the expansive boreal forests of Alberta? Oh wait, why I am looking at this realistically?

Please post pictures of the combined 4000 points of Chaos. Please. We wants its my precious...

cicero

Post by cicero » Sun May 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Malahat Mike wrote:Great idea for the Prometheum Relay. And honestly it makes sense that it would be only be decorative at major junctions. Can you image the cost of building that pipe through the expansive boreal forests of Alberta? Oh wait, why I am looking at this realistically?

Please post pictures of the combined 4000 points of Chaos. Please. We wants its my precious...
Maybe current events have pipelines on your mind!

Here's one picture from the game day it was super fun but very draining. The spectacle was not all it could have been because I had so many shamefully unpainted models on the field. But I think the boards look alright. :)

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6D924704 ... 137795&v=3

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Sun May 24, 2015 5:38 pm

that bew desert board is really coming along! great work. now, all you need to do is build a promethium derrick in both undamaged and destroyed versions (including LED fires). oh wait, that's what I'm building. ignore that.

still, top notch work happening here.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

Bubo

Post by Bubo » Tue May 26, 2015 5:17 am

Ah dude that pipeline looks ace! Only in 40k could pipes have spikes :D

That'll work really nicely as the basis for an industrial board too, maybe even for Necromunda-style games on a 4x4?
Nurglesque

cicero

Post by cicero » Wed May 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Gigantor wrote:that bew desert board is really coming along! great work. now, all you need to do is build a promethium derrick in both undamaged and destroyed versions (including LED fires). oh wait, that's what I'm building. ignore that.

still, top notch work happening here.
Lol thanks guys.

Gigantor, that sounds so awesome I could cry.

Played a game on the board to break it in, using my raptors in a "Green Tide" style list. 60 marines on the table certainly can do a lot of work and were amazing in the maelstrom of war scenario.

We played a "Contact Lost" scenario... perfect for the survivors of whatever ruined this imperial base. Against the terrors of the nurgle daemons the raptors held their resolve and kept up their disciplined, accurate fire destroying the Greater Daemon and coming out ahead in points despite some rather harsh losses in later turns.

Good to get some of my recently painted units on the table, I was so excited that I managed to get 50% done on tactical squad 4. If I finish that and devastator squad 2, I will let myself get some of these rumoured new assault marines if they come out. :)

Sigismund

Post by Sigismund » Thu May 28, 2015 9:37 am

Looks like it was an awesome game. The pipeline addition came out really nicely.

Return to “Tabletop Terrain”