Necron- Solar Thermasite

Questions and comments on the rules of 40k.
DanRiverBrew

Necron- Solar Thermasite

Post by DanRiverBrew » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Does Solar Thermasite (+1 to ranged/melee weapons and re-roll 1's on saving throws) work well with the following Artefacts

The Nightmare Shroud - 2+ save and reroll 1's. Not necessary on warlord in reclamation legion I know
Phase Shifter - same as above but reroll 1's on a 4++, not an artifact I know
The Gauntlet of the Conflagorator - does this turn it into a S7+1, AP 2 template? My thought is it would be great to turn this weapon or maybe Void Reaper/Warscythe from a S7 to S8 so you Instant Death T4 characters, nids, palidans, etc.

sorry, i posted this in the Necrons tab but it doesn't seem to be a frequented as this rules discussion.

DanRiverBrew

Re: Necron- Solar Thermasite

Post by DanRiverBrew » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:13 am

Any thoughts? does the Solar Thermasite the Gauntlet of the Conflagorator's strength?

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:20 pm

DanRiverBrew wrote:Does Solar Thermasite (+1 to ranged/melee weapons and re-roll 1's on saving throws)...The Gauntlet of the Conflagorator - does this turn it into a S7+1, AP 2 template? My thought is it would be great to turn this weapon or maybe Void Reaper/Warscythe from a S7 to S8 so you Instant Death T4 characters, nids, palidans, etc.
Without reading the rule directly, if it adds +1 to the strength of the weapon, this makes sense to me.

Nasty.
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

DanRiverBrew

Post by DanRiverBrew » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks Adan, i just wasn't sure if it effected artifacts or common weapons. I figured it did too. It's a once use weapon, but since the Solar Thermasite also boosts the Warscythe (S5 overlord +2S +1S) and i got a S8 AP2 Flamer and an S8 AP2 melee weapon. pretty nasty little combo

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:06 pm

It would if you could take both Solar Thermasite AND the Gauntlet on the same model. I do not believe this is allowed by the rules. A Character may only take one Relic.

DanRiverBrew

Post by DanRiverBrew » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:26 am

Ahh dangit. Battlescribe fail. I see now Solar Thermasite is a Relic of the War in Heaven from Shield of Baal

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:34 am

They may be trying to get super beardy due to wording. The wording in Shield of Baal says "may make use of etc. Relics". The Necrons codex calls them Artifacts. We know what they mean, but some folks may try to take advantage.

DanRiverBrew

Post by DanRiverBrew » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:30 am

Agreed. I won't be doing that again. I don't like playing vs. had stuff, just friendly style

Return to “Rules Discussion”