Drop Pad Assault with Multiple Armies

Questions and comments on the rules of 40k.
Dogberry1982

Drop Pad Assault with Multiple Armies

Post by Dogberry1982 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:08 pm

So, I was wondering how you would apply the Drop Pod Assault rules with multiple detachments from different armies.

I.E. if you have a Space marine detachment with 3 drop pods and a blood angels detachment with 3 drop pods, do you add up the total (6) and then bring in 3 turn one, or do you treat each set separately and bring in 2 of the Space Marine and 2 of the Blood Angels drop pods turn one?

The way the rule is written, I would assume that you treat them all as one pool, but I am not sure. Normally, rules for one army don't automatically apply to an allied army, but in this case it seems like they should.

Thoughts?

Adan
IC Staff

Re: Drop Pad Assault with Multiple Armies

Post by Adan » Mon May 18, 2015 4:39 pm

I don't have the Blood Angels Codex. Are the Drop Pod Assault rules the same as in the SM 'dex?
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Mon May 18, 2015 7:04 pm

1/2 Rounded up come on first turn I believe. Which makes me think it would be based on detachment. So in Dogberry's scenario I believe it would work out as:

2 of the 3 Space Marine Drop Pods come in turn 1.
2 of the 3 Blood Angel Drop pods come in turn 1.

Because its total "Space Marine Drop Pods" and "Blood Angel Drop Pods". But I could be wrong too. Bah let me go find the dex.

Edit: The rule in the Blood Angel Codex entitled Drop Pod Assault says that the Drop Pod and anything embarked must start in Deep Strike Reserves and that half of your Drop Pods (rounding up) automatically arrive on the first turn. There's nothing indicated faction or otherwise so I guess you just lump all of the Drop Pods together.

cicero

Post by cicero » Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 am

I would go with the lumped drop pod assumption as well. There isn't really a reason to consider it per detachment when in theory you aren't required to take detachments at all...
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Tue May 19, 2015 10:50 am

cicero wrote:I would go with the lumped drop pod assumption as well. There isn't really a reason to consider it per detachment when in theory you aren't required to take detachments at all...
Since the BA Codex doesn't call out "Blood Angels Drop Pod", then I agree with you. Even the RAW folks should agree, I think.
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Cieged

Post by Cieged » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:52 am

I believe the only interrupting rule to Drop Pod Assault is the new digital datasheet, Skyhammer something something. Other than that all Drop Pod rules have been consistent and count as a pool.

Return to “Rules Discussion”