Multiple close combat weapons

Questions and comments on the rules of 40k.
Nykster

Multiple close combat weapons

Post by Nykster » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:49 am

Where does it say that you must choose one of your close combat weapons to make all your attacks?

I've been looking for a long time and can't anywhere specific saying that a model must choose which close combat weapon to use, or that they can only use 1 of their close combat weapons.

I'm certain this was mentioned in 6th, or maybe in a FAQ (when those things existed), but I cannot find it anywhere since 7th dropped.

I also have a secondary question about weapons that have 2 profiles that are used in different phases such as the Tyrant's claw of Huron.

Do the special rules from one profile affect the other? The claw has shred, does that special rule apply to the Heavy flamer part of the weapon as well?

Strumwulf

Re: Multiple close combat weapons

Post by Strumwulf » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:19 pm

On page 41 of the mini-rulebook, in the Weapons chapter, having more than one weapon is discussed. In regards to melee, you must choose which profile you're using, but you can get +1 attack for having multiple weapons.

As for weapons with multiple profiles, the special rules do not apply to both profiles. So, in your example, the heavy flamer doesn't have Shred.
From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith.
From faith cometh honor. From honour cometh iron.
This is the Unbreakable Litany. And may it forever be so.

from The Iron Within by Rob Sanders

Return to “Rules Discussion”