Majority Toughness

Questions and comments on the rules of 40k.
Dogberry1982

Majority Toughness

Post by Dogberry1982 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:31 pm

If I understand the way majority toughness works, if I have a squad of centurions and then an IC joined to the squad, and shooting attacks made against them would need to wound T5 even if the IC is the closest model and is the one taking saves. Is that correct. (I play marines, and before I got centurions this never came up for me...)

Malahat Mike

Re: Majority Toughness

Post by Malahat Mike » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:08 pm

If the centurions are toughness five then yes, because they're shooting at the unit as a whole. Position only matters in dealing out wounds.

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Malahat Mike wrote:If the centurions are toughness five then yes, because they're shooting at the unit as a whole. Position only matters in dealing out wounds.
What he said. The exception being Artillery(read Thunderfire Cannon) which specifies that all shooting counts the unit as T7.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

Dogberry1982

Post by Dogberry1982 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Thanks guys.

That's how I was reading it, but it just seemed strange...

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Dogberry1982 wrote:Thanks guys.

By strange you mean awesome? Now you can run 3 Centurions, chapter master, and 2 techmarines in a Stormraven for super drop-in and killy death. So much fun.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

cicero

Post by cicero » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:26 am

Gigantor wrote:
Dogberry1982 wrote:Thanks guys.

By strange you mean awesome? Now you can run 3 Centurions, chapter master, and 2 techmarines in a Stormraven for super drop-in and killy death. So much fun.
Although 1 dead centurion drops the majority to 4 in that case, so watch out!
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Salrantol

Post by Salrantol » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:06 pm

The best time for this was between the release of 7th Edition and the release of the new Grey Knights codex, when you could run a squad consisting of Mephiston (T6), Draigo (T5), Brother Corbulo (T4), and Coteaz (T3), hoping for Iron Arm on Mephiston and Precognition on Draigo (and probably Gate of Infinity on Coteaz). A unit with T9 and a rerollable 2+/3++ was hilarious.
Strike Gnomes
"Courage is not the absence of fear; rather it is the conviction that your commissar's aim is better than your enemies'."

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:38 am

Salrantol wrote:The best time for this was between the release of 7th Edition and the release of the new Grey Knights codex, when you could run a squad consisting of Mephiston (T6), Draigo (T5), Brother Corbulo (T4), and Coteaz (T3), hoping for Iron Arm on Mephiston and Precognition on Draigo (and probably Gate of Infinity on Coteaz). A unit with T9 and a rerollable 2+/3++ was hilarious.
People were running that with a TFC at Adepticon in 2014 (in the "Friendly")... Not so friendly...
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Return to “Rules Discussion”