The Great 7th Edition Rules Discussion Thread

Questions and comments on the rules of 40k.
Adan
IC Staff

Re: The Great 7th Edition Rules Discussion Thread

Post by Adan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:03 pm

The Canadian Elite "assassin" unit is pretty hard core.

No joke.
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:39 am

It's called a ZED pee-em, people. *nerd crossover*

So I just listened to FTN's latest podcast, and they said that there is no longer a rule saying an exploded vehicle leaves a crater in its wake. On the one hand, I know GW has 'missed' a few things that are 'obvious' to long-term players (such as blood angel vehicles being fast), but at the same time the 'only Citadel woods and Citadel craters give area-terrain saves' interpretation of the new terrain (lack of) rules also might suggest that they intentionally left it out since there is no "Citadel Land Raider Crater Kit" (yet...).

What do you all think? Or does it actually say there IS a crater left somewhere else in the book?
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Ryantsg

Post by Ryantsg » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:16 am

The crater after explodes results rule is gone.
2014 HPC Clan Avernii Iron Hands Completed
2015 HPC Ndras Tau Completed
2016 HPC Adeptus Mechanicus Guild House Eurayle In process

skars

Post by skars » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:25 am

Darkmurphy wrote:Hey now. Them's fighten words. Not everyone down here drinks beer you can see though.
Funny, I don't recall seeing any Canadian brews in the beeradvocate top 10. What should I put my Russian River Pliny or Three Floyds Zombie Dust down for to drink from the great white north? (Sorry to rat-hole, I will start an off topic beer thread)
Who was that masked man?

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:26 am

Wow... I guess it's a big FU to greenman designs and the like. And my homemade rhino sized craters. Good catch on that.

And that guy on stargate atlantis is the whiniest canadian ever. He wouldn't last a winter.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

ElectricPaladin

Post by ElectricPaladin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:35 am

Ryantsg wrote:The crater after explodes results rule is gone.
Bah. It's visually awesome and I bet a lot of people will do it anyway for fun.

Boss Trav-Trav

Post by Boss Trav-Trav » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:54 am

Darkmurphy wrote:Hey now. Them's fighten words.
Careful, remember what happened the last time ;) Granted, that was ~200 years ago… :lol:

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:57 am

I thought more people would be talking about the double/triple/quadruple force org thing. People look at me like I'm crazy. I quote:

"You can include any number and type of Detachments in a Battle-forged army provided you have sufficient units."

Only the "Allied Detachment" has the restriction that it has to be a different faction from your Primary Detachment. Doesn't say anything about taking two Combined Arms Detachments that are from the same faction. Or a Combined Arms Detachment (Primary) from one faction, and a Combined Arms and an Allied from the same faction as each other.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:31 am

In my gaming group we just ruled that outside of special circumstance, ie pre list building convo about a cool narrative, we will be playing 1 primary 1 allied detachment.
The multi detatchment thing is a neat idea, and I can see how GW took a hands off approach to restricting player to play one way with one FOC, and I applaud them for their efforts to allow players to really create a narrative. I personally have little interest in playing that way. Even towards the end of 6ed, I dropped down a list that had space marines primary, blood angels allied, with inquisition allies, legion of the damned as scoring troops, and an imperial knight. Played 1 game and realized how ridiculous it was.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

Chaosmaster

Post by Chaosmaster » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:40 am

Then you could never ally with yourself... way to screw tyranids in your group.. unless they can use formations...

Return to “Rules Discussion”