Primeminsiters' Crimson Sabres 4th Company

SRM

Re: Primeminsiters' Crimson Sabres 4th Company

Post by SRM » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:04 pm

That captain's boss. And using the Games Day Thunder Hammer captain body as a base? That's ballsy!
Check out my Youtube channel!

student teacher

Post by student teacher » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:47 pm

primeministers wrote: Image
You've achieved such a great job of making this guy look nothing like the original model at first glance, and yet once it was pointed out what the original model was, you can totally see it.

primeministers

Post by primeministers » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:51 pm

SRM wrote:That captain's boss. And using the Games Day Thunder Hammer captain body as a base? That's ballsy!
Well, I didn't want it to get all dusty and unused in the package. I've seen too many cool models like that and I won't stand for it.

So next up is my October commitment. A wonderful Razorback with FW assault cannon turret.

The FW turret is a joy. Easy to assemble with no fiddly stupid parts. 10/10 would Forgeworld again.
The rhino is part of a lot I picked up on Kijiji. I cleaned it up as best I could, but there are still some ugly, huge joins where glue has just piled up. Get what you pay for, kids.

Anyhow, it's not in a photo booth, but take a look:

I'm really pleased with the weathering effects. Pro tip: the powders that go on top of dried Typhus Corrosion are going to be super hard to soften with a brush. I had to wet them again to get them back down to acceptable levels of brightness. I haven't varnished it yet, so the weathering should be a little more subtle again when it's sealed.

What do you think?

Also, five more assault marines are in the works:
They'll be part of my Sept Commitment.
Cera cito.

cicero

Post by cicero » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Weathering looks sweet mate! Especially the door is extremely realistic, chipping naturally occuring where high wear is incurred :)

You make the FW turret look better than it does on the website...
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

primeministers

Post by primeministers » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks Cicero, that's some mighty fine praise.

I've finished Sept's Commitment with the last of the assault squad.

I'll get some better pics once I glue on the last jump pack. That guy got dropped and his jump pack must have been turned on because it went flying and hasn't been seen since.

So that's Sept and Oct in the bag. I'm going to take a wee break. I've got a nice wine-county vacation with my girlfriend planned so that's where most of my cash and attention will be going.

After that, Nov will be just a Rhino and then Dec will likely be the Centurions.

Lemme know what you think.
Cera cito.

SRM

Post by SRM » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:34 am

It's such a little detail on wholly gorgeous models, but I really dig the little stripe on the chainswords. It's that old school kind of decorative marking that you don't see much anymore.
Check out my Youtube channel!

primeministers

Post by primeministers » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:29 pm

SRM wrote:It's such a little detail on wholly gorgeous models, but I really dig the little stripe on the chainswords. It's that old school kind of decorative marking that you don't see much anymore.
That's exactly the kind of thing I'm always going for. This game has such a long history and a wealth of reference material for paint schemes, I feel that I just got to add in a few little things here and there that I've seen in colour plates and the like.

Next up is was my November commitment.
Nothing really exciting. A Rhino for my tac squad.
This was another one that I got used that didn't come with a front visor so I though I would pull something together from plastic card. I think I should have made the viewport a little smaller, but eh, what are you gonna do?

And here it, completed, aside from a coat of varnish. It's raining too hard right now for me to go outside and do it. I did pick up a can of low odour Krylon matte coat which works great and I might be able to use inside when my GF isn't at home. Shhhhhhh....
Anyway, on to the pics!

I've been getting lazy with the pics, I haven't been busting out the photo box as much, but I feel that with tanks, it's okay. Right?!

Anyhow, what do you dudes think?
Cera cito.

primeministers

Post by primeministers » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Also, I managed to squeeze a game in this weekend at meeplemart in Toronto. They have a great space and a great bunch of people there. Highly recommended if you're in the area, and be sure to look me up.
Any how, here are a few shots of my first 7th edition game.
The Sternguard left their Rhino to grab an objective and to get out of sight of the approaching Wraith Lord in the background.
Assault Squad Sharpe slammed into a vulnerable Guardian squad, but got bogged down in their numbers until a Farseer with a witchblade dispatched them.
The iron spine of the 4th Company, Tac Squad Bradbury along with Librarian Vonneget hold on to the main objective, a secure dustoff point. Librarian Vonneget managed to battle though the Farseer's mental siege to crush a xenos craft designated as a Waveserpent from the sky.
And here, Captain Dzarton rushes forward to slay the xenos leader in single combat.
Cera cito.

primeministers

Post by primeministers » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:15 pm

I have some updates for you, since everyone has been good.
First off, I've finished the Tac Squad with the bionics I was planning. Most of the bionics are from the Iron Hands command squad, while some are home-made. I didn't doa great job of photographing the bionics, so let me know if you want to see better pics.
I've got these guys completed to a standard that I am okay with putting on the table, but there is a bit more to do to them before I can call them finished.
Any how, check them out.

Among the astartes of the Crimson Sabres, Squad Tasitus has always been known as the beating heart of the 4th Company. They are known as the boldest of battle brothers, whose comradery and devotion to one another is beyond reproach. And in the less dire times before the betrayal of their former chapter master, their deeds inspired song and poetry as well as mighty deeds among the rest of the chapter. Insofar as astartes can be, Squad Tasitus are affable and compassionate.
Now, in the dark days of exile, these qualities are more important than ever for the refugees of Drogsh. They often act as a de facto chaplaincy, offering counsel and guidance to their brothers who are more deeply affected by the Voices.
ImageImage
As veteran as they are, they bear hosts of bionics, as the Sabres are unable to grow vat replacement limbs in timely fashion. However, they bear these burdens lightly, often saying that any leg is a good one as long as they can stand together. Each member of the squad now proudly displays these bionic prostheses as marks of honour, though in his more private moments, Sargent Bristol worries that his men have begun to fetishize the replacements.

In addition to the tac squad, I've been working on a new Librarian, as the one I've been gaming with is painted up to run with my Cloud Giants.
Check him out:
Nothing too fancy, just an arm swap, but I like it.
And lastly, I decided to treat myself for my birthday last month with these little fellas.
I've made a few changes here and there. I used the blank butt armour as the groin plates because I think they look a little more practical, which fits the motif I'm trying to go with.

Let me know what you think.
Cera cito.

Return to “Space Marines (All Chapters)”