Waywards - Salamander Army - First Half Complete

Elostirion41

Re: Waywards - Salamander Army - First Half Complete

Post by Elostirion41 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:59 am

Looking good!

Astroth

Post by Astroth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Whats the name of the Green base coat color? Looks awesome! Have you played any games with them yet?

SRM

Post by SRM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:56 am

Those are some super neat highlights and a really appealing green! I look forward to seeing those dudes all put together.
Check out my Youtube channel!

Wayward

Post by Wayward » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Astroth wrote:Whats the name of the Green base coat color? Looks awesome! Have you played any games with them yet?
It is Warpstone Glow from GW. Thinned a bit with Lahmean Medium and applied with an air brush.

I am still experimenting with mediums and water when it comes to thining colors. I think next army, I might just use the ait brush paints rather than thin the GW ones.

Wayward

Post by Wayward » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Well, I am confident I am going to fail my July pledge as I still have a bit of work to go on the first 10 guys and have not started my second 10. I have a few theories why my motivation has taken a dive, namely I don't get to play with the models I have done and I am or ed of painting Green Marines. The reason I dont get to play with what I have is it is a drop pod themed army with no drop pods (yet).

So to solve this, I am going to spice up the plan a bit. I will finish my current 10 marines and then move on to something else. That something else I am thinking a 5 man Legion of the Damned squad with lots of skeleton parts used (I am hoping that a marine chest peice can go over a skeleton torso, so I can have some armour damage with more skeleton exposed underneath).

The other option is doing my Sternguard as Deathguard or doing my two Dreadnought drop pods.

Any thoughts?

Wayward

Post by Wayward » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:56 am

So, still have not done July commitment. Not even half of it. I did do something new though and would appreciate feedback.

What do you think? I am not sure about the Marbel base.

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:23 am

The bronze and verdigris look really nice. The streakiness of it looks legit too especially on the upper areas of the sword blade. You may want to add some in the gorget area and verdigris develops faster where rain water pools. It's just rust for copper based metals.

The base.... if you're looking for a marbled effect, the lines are too thick. Also marble has shades of grey as well as white. And maybe you can freehand some extra, smaller, marbled veins to tie in the big green areas?

I like it though. How did you paint the bronze?
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

student teacher

Post by student teacher » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:28 am

Wayward wrote:So, still have not done July commitment. Not even half of it. I did do something new though and would appreciate feedback.

What do you think? I am not sure about the Marbel base.
I got one of these sitting around somewhere, and this really makes me want to break him out and paint him up. Did you use the technical paints to do the verdigris?

Wayward

Post by Wayward » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Yeah, I used the oxide paint as 3x pained on the GW website. Hard to drag it down with paper towel in some places though. It doesn't look as full on in natural light, the camera flash just really brings it out.

Of you are interested the steps I used was:
1) Black Primer
2) Base coat of Warplock Bronze
3) Heavy dry brush of Runelord Brass.
4) Nihilakh Oxide
5) Dry brush of Runelord Brass
6) Highlight of Sycorax Bronze.

Wayward

Post by Wayward » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:57 pm

Ok, here is the first base where I have attempted to use the secret weapon she'll casings.

What are people's thoughts?

Wayward

Return to “Space Marines (All Chapters)”