GTTechnics - Deathwing/Dark Angels

GTTechnics

GTTechnics - Deathwing/Dark Angels

Post by GTTechnics » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:35 pm

For my first try at the hobby progress challenge I've decided to expand on the 1000 points or so of Dark Angels that I already have painted. Pics for the curious of that force (and some of my other stuff) can be found here- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5698
For the first part of the challenge, I'm going to focus on the Deathwing. I was going to paint a whirlwind and a Nephilim Jet fighter next, but those appear to be barred from the Zone Mortalis requirement. Lucky for me I also have three Deathwing boxes in the queue. I also just got a Belial model to lead the force. As of right now, the first 1000 points looks like this-
-Belial (storm bolter and sword of silence)
-Deathwing Command Squad w/Champion, Apothecary, Deathwing Banner, cyclone missile launcher and three thunder hammer/storm shields)
-5 Deathwing Knights
-5 Deathwing Terminators w/ 4 thunder hammer/storm shields and a cyclone missile launcher
All together these four units tip the scales at 1030 points :shock:

AlusCWM

Re: GTTechnics - Deathwing/Dark Angels

Post by AlusCWM » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:18 am

Terminators! YAY!

Looking forward to seeing more, the rest of your Dark Angels stuff looks really awesome

GTTechnics

Post by GTTechnics » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:09 pm

It dawned on me that a pic of the models in package might not suffice for the rules, so after prep and assembly I took a quick snap shot of the February challenge-
I actually put quite a bit of time into getting the poses right. It was a bit challenging to get them to look dynamic and natural, but the box comes with a lot of options. I've become accustomed to painting models in a bunch of parts, but I'm trying to break that habit here as it causes me grief later during assembly. Still, the shields made access to the torso tough so I left most of them off for now. I also did the majority of the airbrush work. The armor is a 3 color blend, but its a bit hard to see in this pic. Hopefully I can get more done soon.

Sonic Rob

Post by Sonic Rob » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:57 pm

So far so good! I like Rarrrr Guy with his hammer overhead - consider that pose yoinked.

Keep posting pictures!
Bolter marines never go out of fashion. They are the little black dress of troops choices.

GTTechnics

Post by GTTechnics » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Base coat is now finished. I'm getting ready for an oil wash, then some highlights.

P.Kelly

Post by P.Kelly » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:00 am

I'm going to be playing catch-up with you for tho entire event I see. Not only do you already have 1000 points already painted from last year, but you can blast out 250 points on 5 models while my scoring units are 4-5 points each instead of 35-50 points. Argh!

GTTechnics

Post by GTTechnics » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:55 am

P.Kelly wrote:I'm going to be playing catch-up with you for tho entire event I see. Not only do you already have 1000 points already painted from last year, but you can blast out 250 points on 5 models while my scoring units are 4-5 points each instead of 35-50 points. Argh!
We'll see. Once school starts back up the real "challenge" begins for me and my progress tends to slow down quite a bit. Having a low model count is nice though.

I finished the oil wash and now it's time to get down to the details to really bring some life into these guys-
I'm still trying to get better at the glazing technique. Here's the sergeant's cape. I'm not sure if I want to finish here or keep messing with it-

Sonic Rob

Post by Sonic Rob » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Ugh, your bone white is so smoooooth. Mine always winds up streaky. :x Is that army painter primer? Airbrush?
Bolter marines never go out of fashion. They are the little black dress of troops choices.

GTTechnics

Post by GTTechnics » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Sonic Rob wrote:Ugh, your bone white is so smoooooth. Mine always winds up streaky. :x Is that army painter primer? Airbrush?
Thanks. It's airbrush w/ camo medium brown, camo light brown, khaki brown, then sand building up in a zenithal pattern. Thin coats are key.

cornu mortem

Post by cornu mortem » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:39 pm

wow, super clean painting, and that cape is sexy smooth.
keep it up!

Return to “Space Marines (All Chapters)”