Sons of Guilliman (Ultramarines Successor) ->!!FAILED!!<-

General Socks

Re: Sons of Guilliman (Ultramarines Successor)August Complet

Post by General Socks » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:27 pm

I did prime them on the sprue. You do have to do a lot of touch up, but with the quartered scheme, I'm covering the whole model again with paint anyway. Also, the glue doesn't work as well when it's gluing paint to paint, so in some areas, I have to scrape the primer off. Mainly where the arms attach to the bodies. It's a great way to get everything covered evenly, though.
General Socks' 2016 HPC:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8736

General Socks' 2014 HPC:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6091

+++++ END TRANSMISSION +++++

General Socks

Re: Sons of Guilliman (Ultramarines Successor) FAILED!

Post by General Socks » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Oh man! doesn't look like I'm gonna make it! I've been working on stuff, just not updating on the forums! I'll post my failed but ALMOST complete HPC army pics within the next couple days! Congrats to everyone who was able to finish!!!

:cry: Poop! :cry: LOL
General Socks' 2016 HPC:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8736

General Socks' 2014 HPC:

cicero

Re: Sons of Guilliman (Ultramarines Successor) ->!!FAILED!!<

Post by cicero » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:46 am

Man anyone with an army as stunning as yours is a winner in my book. :) Look forward to seeing what you do post challenge.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

General Socks

Re: Sons of Guilliman (Ultramarines Successor) ->!!FAILED!!<

Post by General Socks » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:01 am

Thank you Cicero! Even though I failed the challenge, I had a GREAT time painting and building a new army this year!

Here's the state of my October challenge as of about ten minutes ago. I JUST finished applying the decals when I took the picture. I need to have the unit battle ready by Saturday morning for the Twin Linked Grand Tournament in Sacramento. They'll be ready!!!

On November 11th, I was trying to get myself jumpstarted into painting after a couple weeks of not picking up a brush, so I began my November challenge:

I plan on having it finished before Christmas. Here it is right now:Image

The cockpit and pilot are finished! just need to finish the rest!

Ohhhhh! And remember this?

LOL, I was too busy for hobby that month because I was really busy being sneaky and planning for this!

See? What an awesome year! For hobby AND for real life stuff!

That's it for my first attempt! Congrats to everyone who finished and thanks again to Carl, Loopy and the rest of the ICs for creating such a nurturing, fun environment for us to celebrate our hobby!
General Socks' 2016 HPC:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8736

General Socks' 2014 HPC:

Return to “Space Marines (All Chapters)”