Satchel: Kraag's Bliz'Gunz

AK-Satchel
WoW character gender: Male

Re: Satchel: Kraag's Bliz'Gunz

Post by AK-Satchel » Thu May 01, 2014 7:53 am

Worked on the battewagons a bit last night. I had sprayed the rust layers last week when I did the rest of the army, so this was all weathering.

ImageImageImage

Toina

Post by Toina » Thu May 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Wow! So much progress since I last checked this thread! Your stuff is coming along nicely! I like how you're building things up slowly en masse. It's certainly a different take on things!

I'm really impressed you've achieved all this with the airbrush! I think I'm going to break mine out for my Stompa.

Once again I feel its worth reiterating that your Grot tanks look fantastic. Now you've got some paint on them they look even better. Which I find is the funny thing with with scratch builds. If you can put paint on them and they look like you "bought them" from somewhere then you're on to a winner!

Keep up the stellar work!

AK-Satchel

Post by AK-Satchel » Fri May 02, 2014 12:13 pm

Thank you for the kind words and motivation Toina! It is a little different doing things this way and it doesnt mesh well with the HPC structure for entries, but its working well for my schedule, and this is more about winning the war on grey than entries!

I am able to cover a lot more ground this way vs completing a unit at a time, where I tend to get too focused on details and then get burned out on the army. I think I'll have better consistency with my painting style across the army too.

I decided to detail the jet instead of the other battlewagon last night and had a lot of fun. I still need to add exhaust stains and an army emblem but I cant decide on whether or not to go with the canopy- I kinda like it without!

ImageImageImage

AK-Satchel

Post by AK-Satchel » Sun May 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Progress is moving right along, added some weathering to the tanks and some infantry. I decided to pull everything out for another group shot. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

AK-Satchel

Post by AK-Satchel » Tue May 06, 2014 11:58 pm

More progress boyz!

Started on details tonight. I painted some leather on nobz and stormboyz before turning to Kraag's skin and his squig... I need a name for it I guess. ImageImage

solobassest

Post by solobassest » Sat May 10, 2014 6:18 am

love the weathering. what is your secret?
To see my Orks in the HPC viewtopic.php?f=85&t=6105

AK-Satchel

Post by AK-Satchel » Sat May 10, 2014 9:39 pm

solobassest wrote:love the weathering. what is your secret?
Thanks! I made a batch of orange wash. It was really kind of a mash up of orange and riza rust (started watering that down to see how it would dissolve). I have a feeling that some of pigment was still concentrated in clumps witch I was hoping, with a little help from gravity, would create a more streaked effect on flat surfaces.

After that, I added a little sponge work using the basing color to break up some of the pooling lines from the wash - I wasn't too picky - then a splattering of Typhus corrosion around wheels and tracks, anything that was close to the ground. Then some sloppy edge highlighting using chainmail.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now! I've been getting some great time in this last week (an hour here and there) to get a lot of details done on infantry. I've been very productive just grabbing one or two colors a night and applying those across the whole army.

AK-Satchel

Post by AK-Satchel » Sun May 11, 2014 12:23 am

Latest pics

ImageImageImage

Exorcist

Post by Exorcist » Sun May 11, 2014 12:38 am

Wow, your Army looks amazing. Those conversions and the scratchbuilt stuff is incredible.

And you invented breaking the 4th Wall with the shellcases spelling off the Bases! I salute You Sir!

ULFNAR SKULLTAKER

Post by ULFNAR SKULLTAKER » Sun May 11, 2014 11:29 am

that rust looks real great job , well done with the grot tanks ,

Return to “Orks”