Toina - Grubnatz's Gubbinzsnatchas

Toina

Re: Toina - Grubnatz's Gubbinzsnatchas

Post by Toina » Wed May 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Thanks Jakartor and Ulfnar!

I'm planning to get this months commitment in before the last day this month just to prove it can be done! I've actually made lots of hobby progress this month but its been on a 30k project I've kicked off!

Anyway here is the commitment photo for May!

solobassest

Post by solobassest » Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 am

You can do it! I just completed my 15 lootas!
To see my Orks in the HPC viewtopic.php?f=85&t=6105

Toina

Post by Toina » Sat May 31, 2014 10:20 am

So it's still the last day of the month before I managed to post my progress. Still on time but not as early as I intended! I had carried on with my 30k project which is the reason for the delay. I might start a 30k thread at some point on the forums but for now I'm going to refocus my efforts to the Orks. Especially with the impending codex release! Just to give you an idea of where my time has been spent here is a quick looksee at the Iron Warriors I've been working on for Heresy games.

Certainly a different type of painting to Orks!

Anyway here is this months commitment completed!

There's now only the Big Mek to get done to satisfy the Zone Mortalis part of the HPC! He will be June's commitment. I'll post a shot of him probably later today! He's still currently in his Forgeworld bag!

Toina

Post by Toina » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:03 pm

So the last few entries I've made into the challenge I've only just completed on the last day of the month. In an effort to make up for that I'm intending to make a surge of progress that will actually complete most of the challenge for me. Extra incentive lies in the fact that I have a friendly tournament coming up in a couple of weeks time and I wanted to put painted models down on the table! That and our impending codex release means I expect to get a few games in to try out the new rules.

So today I've built all the models for the rest of the HPC (with the exception of the Stompa). I did it this way so I could undercoat them all in one swoop especially while the English weather is on reasonably good behaviour for a change!

So here are the commitment photos for the coming months. Although I would expect to see me complete them much ahead of schedule if I manage to do things right!

The deff dred and kans all have their arms magnetised. I need to go back and magnetise all the other weapon options I have for them but I'll show all those when I do the completed pics hopefully! This certainly leaves me with enough to be getting on with so I guess I better get cracking!

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Awesome work! Glad to see you're thinking forward to the second half of the challenge because your army is great to have around.

I'm super glad you didn't have as much trouble with your Warboss as I did. Great job!

Toina

Post by Toina » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:28 am

Thanks Loopy! Interestingly I found the Big Mek a little bit more fiddly to put together with some of the smaller components. So its swings and roundabouts I guess!

I actually completed this lot over a week ago but haven't got round to posting because of trying to make Hobby Progress in other areas! But without too much preamble here are my completed commitments for almost all of the second half of the challenge! I'll take some shots following this of the Zone Mortalis force. The army wide shot I'll leave for when the Stompa is finished.

Final Part of the Zone Mortalis Force

Second half of Challenge

Nothing to do with the challenge. Done as Reinforcements

So all in all a very productive month! And without me having to post it all on the last day of the deadline either! It was back breaking pace but it was worth it to be able to use all these toys on the table. I actually used them in my first game of 7th edition. My side was myself with 1750 Orks and a friend with 1750 Guard. We went up against 3 others on an 8X4 board who were playing 1500 of Nids, Imperial Fists (codex) and Sons of Horus (HH Rules). A 13 - 2 victory for the Orks/Guard was a good way to start the edition! The new Maelstrom scenarios are indeed quite fun!

I'll see if I can get the Zone Mortalis shot up soon. The final commitment for the entire Challenge will be the Stompa that will land in November. For now I have about 3k of Heresy Iron Warriors to get done and I'm aiming to smash that out before the end of next month. If the challenge has done one thing it has certainly motivated me in the war against grey plastic/resin!

Thorgrimbloodskull

Post by Thorgrimbloodskull » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:29 am

Grats in pushing out so much quality work! Keep it up.

Return to “Orks”