UndaHive Skum...April "before" pic up

PourSpelur

Re: UndaHive Skum...wif Tanks

Post by PourSpelur » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:25 pm

TRO: hitler's my actual paints. The bubble gum pink I mixed a big batch of using Reaper's white leather (hands down, flat out the BEST white paint I've ever used. I've tried all the major brands) matte medium, flow improver and super old citadel red ink. Red is Reaper blood red and off white is Reaper Bloodless Skin (another great color, juuuusstt a tint of green in a bone/ivory base). Washes are made from: Blue, Badger opaque blue. Purple, Reaper violet shadow. Pink, my bubble gum pre-mix turned into a wash. I'm a compulsive paint mixer so giving my recipes can be tough when I'm not 100% how I made them :oops:

You are asking the paints right? Not how I made the textures...just realized I may have been answering the wrong question :roll:

cicero

Post by cicero » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:00 pm

PourSpelur wrote:TRO: hitler's my actual paints. The bubble gum pink I mixed a big batch of using Reaper's white leather (hands down, flat out the BEST white paint I've ever used. I've tried all the major brands) matte medium, flow improver and super old citadel red ink. Red is Reaper blood red and off white is Reaper Bloodless Skin (another great color, juuuusstt a tint of green in a bone/ivory base). Washes are made from: Blue, Badger opaque blue. Purple, Reaper violet shadow. Pink, my bubble gum pre-mix turned into a wash. I'm a compulsive paint mixer so giving my recipes can be tough when I'm not 100% how I made them :oops:

You are asking the paints right? Not how I made the textures...just realized I may have been answering the wrong question :roll:
Did you mean to say "Hitler" or is that an epic autocorrect??
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

CrayolaSmoker

Post by CrayolaSmoker » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:42 pm

cicero wrote:Did you mean to say "Hitler" or is that an epic autocorrect??
Nope. His paints are actually 100% pure Hitler. While many joke about the Ruskies keeping his brain alive in a jar, the reality is that a few petri dishes of stem cells and clever siphoning technique turned Hitler's biomass into a highly collectible and sought after line of miniature paints.

cicero

Post by cicero » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:44 am

Ah, so that explains the price... :lol:
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

PourSpelur

Post by PourSpelur » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:45 am

Haven't you seen my Orks? Painted with pure Pol Pot. After this I'm thinking Kim Jong Un Tau :lol:

theresponsibleone

Post by theresponsibleone » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:18 pm

PourSpelur wrote:You are asking the paints right? Not how I made the textures...just realized I may have been answering the wrong question :roll:
I was asking for the paints, yes, so all good. :)
I'm responsible compared to my wife!

I have a blog: http://the-responsible-one.blogspot.co.uk/

PourSpelur

Post by PourSpelur » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Febuary...COMPLETE!

PourSpelur

Re: UndaHive Skum...February complete

Post by PourSpelur » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Whoops! Forgot my name/date card in pic. That cool or do I need a new pic to count?

PourSpelur

Re: UndaHive Skum...February complete

Post by PourSpelur » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Just got this beast out of the simple green and ready to start March. Why did it take almost a month to strip? Well the first coat was red with black tiger stripes, under that was blue spraypaint, under that was green and a darker blue, under that was white and grey, under that was black primer and more red! So many layers of paint that before I started I thought that the previous owner had shaved all the rivets off :roll:

SRM

Re: UndaHive Skum...March "before" pic up

Post by SRM » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:12 am

That's a hell of a rescue job there! As someone who plays with an awful lot of old models, I know the pain of eBay salvage jobs. Best of luck with it, I look forward to seeing what you can do.
Check out my Youtube channel!

Return to “Imperial Guard”