114th Uxhallan

LagCat

114th Uxhallan

Post by LagCat » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:37 am

Getting back into Imperial Guard and this is just the ticket to get me off my rear end and make sure my army is painted and nice. My Goals here are basically to make a new list as well as model some "options" as well, but for starters were going with the basic Zone Mortalis list.

HQ - Company Command
-Company commander with 4 veterans - Heavy Flamer

Troops -2 Platoons
CMD - 1 Captain with 4 Guard - Plasma Pistol/Pistol, Vox, Medi-pack, Krak Grenades, Heavy Flamer
Squads - Vox, 1 with Grenade launcher, 1 with flamer

Elite - 1 Kasrkin squad 1 flamer/1 Grenade launcher

Fast Attack - Armored Sentinal Squadron
- 2 Flamer Sentinels with full upgrades.

So everything is ordered up and will be here early next week to start.... Currently thinking either Urban Camo or Cadian Green for the army.

From here I am also hoping to expand their support options to Either Valkyrie's or Chimera's though some suggestions would be nice as well.

EDIT: Updated list to current and most likely final specs
Last edited by LagCat on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

bixeightysix

Re: 114th Uxhallan

Post by bixeightysix » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:39 pm

LagCat,

Welcome to the Challenge! This was also my ticket to start getting an army painted! Just getting so sick of losing motivation to paint after a few units. I'm looking forward to seeing all of us keep each other motivated over the next 10 months! As for your color choices...I know a local friend of mine, Urbanevil (he's here on the forums doing Space Wolves), even told me to do urban camo...so I know he'd love to see it. Personally, that's too much detail/time consuming for me. But, heck! Give it a shot...it would look awesome!!!

Good luck on the challenge!

-Bix

LagCat

Post by LagCat » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:03 am

So some of the guard I ordered still haven't showed up, that said I can at least start with these.

Starting with this squad, having discussed this a bit with my local group, and double checking rules I think I'll be changing the list a little bit by replacing the Veterans with Platoons. More on that soon.

Sir_Servo

Post by Sir_Servo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:10 am

Welcome to the challenge... I love the hobby 'board' that you have pictured. I keep a majority of my modeling and painting stuff in a box that an old Laptop was delivered in. I can flip it open, kinda like a pizza box, and then I have a portable hobby station no matter where I go.

Can't wait to see some pain on those bad boys!

-Servo

LagCat

Post by LagCat » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Sir_Servo wrote:Welcome to the challenge... I love the hobby 'board' that you have pictured. I keep a majority of my modeling and painting stuff in a box that an old Laptop was delivered in. I can flip it open, kinda like a pizza box, and then I have a portable hobby station no matter where I go.

Can't wait to see some pain on those bad boys!

-Servo

Yea, worked in Retail long enough that flat trays for drinks seem to show up everywhere I go and with everything I do. Also makes for quick transport of mini's. :D

LagCat

Post by LagCat » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:33 am

As a quick update to that squad, they are mostly done as of tonight... I am terrible at faces and painting in general but here they are anyway.

and a closer image of a few of them.

Still need to be washed and dirtied

Sir_Servo

Post by Sir_Servo » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:01 am

I was just going to ask about washing, but then I saw the very last line. :)

As for faces... I totally get that. Faces/skin are my least favorite things to paint, unless it is alien/deamon-y. I can Paint that stuff, but regular human-esque skin (aka Human, Eldar, Elvish, etc) I just can't do it.

Keep up the good work.

-Servo

tomjoad

Post by tomjoad » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:13 am

Faces and skin being so difficult is part of why I'm using Death Korps minis over Cadians...and I have huge sympathy for people painting Catachans.

On the positive side, I like the colors you're using and the camo patches look like they came out great!

LagCat

Post by LagCat » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Faces definately look a bit better with washing, still bugs me. Otherwise now I that I am happy that the camo scheme turned out nice I think I need to start working on another squad so that maybe I might finish this by June (bloody guard platoons).

Going to base each individual Platoon as a Platoon because I have so much painting and assembling to do before then.... that and my transport foam for them has not been forthcoming.

XM10ADefiant

Post by XM10ADefiant » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:30 pm

I like where you are going with the urban scheme. It will match my sisters nicely as they burn you for your heresy. :lol:
The Order of the Amaranthine Blade
2014 Hobby Progress Challenge COMLETED

Adeptus Arbites Urban Suppression Task Force
Ongoing Hobby Progress Challenge 2015

I could really go for some pie about now.

Return to “Imperial Guard”