Incarnet - Dark Eldar

Incarnet

Re: Incarnet - Dark Eldar

Post by Incarnet » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:11 pm

Okay, I touched op a few things and changed a few colors and am now mostly satisfied with the test miniature. The eyes need some more work and I am still considering lightening the skin a shade or two. Other than that though I think it looks decent and I will call it Table Top Ready.

As always, any thoughts, comments, criticisms, and suggestions are not only welcome but appreciated.

cicero

Post by cicero » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:20 am

Really nice! The base really makes it for me, well done.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Jakartor

Post by Jakartor » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:29 am

Agreed Snow Bases are always the best.....factual

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:17 am

Yeah, very nice. Looks 'complete' now. :D
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:14 pm

My previous commitment is finally ready for table top play. I am still working out some kinks in the process and will probably come back and improve them at some time in the future... Heh, who am I kidding, I will probably have changed them in the next few days. I am one of those people who tends to not get anything done because he fixates on "errors" and I am still in debate about the gold and the skin tones.

Sigismund

Post by Sigismund » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Very nice unit, the green and gold are good accents for the blue wychsuits. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks to the Spruehammer Anniversary Sale reinforcements have arrived!

cicero

Post by cicero » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Incarnet wrote:Thanks to the Spruehammer Anniversary Sale reinforcements have arrived!

:o :o :o :o :o

Yuss!
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

GTTechnics

Post by GTTechnics » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Judging by the basing scheme, it looks like you pin the models. Do you find that the one-legged, running stance models have issues with the male part of the slotta base cut off?

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:57 pm

GTTechnics wrote:Judging by the basing scheme, it looks like you pin the models. Do you find that the one-legged, running stance models have issues with the male part of the slotta base cut off?
The biggest problem I had pinning the running stance models was that there was not a lot of room for longer lengths of pin to fit due to the posture of the feet and legs. This was somewhat exascerbated by the fact that DE already have thin limbs.

That said, now that they are done I have not had any issues with them so far. I pinned them using steel pins (dressmakers pins - about 500 for $2.50) so I am not worried about the pin breaking despite being relitively thin. My primary concern is that the relitively soft material I made the rocks out of will give way and reveal the pin (the pin goes through the plastic of the base).

If I had made the rocks out of something a bit tougher I wouldnt have any real concerns. When I exhaust my supply of rocks I will use something different next time, but this seems to work for now and was really inexpensive (I have a big jar of "rocks" filled to the brim left)

Later if I find that they need some sort of reinforcing I will either bend the pin under the plastic base and putty/super glue it in plase or use 't' pins and the same procedure. So far it doesnt look like it will come to that as I have dropped a few of them with no issue.
Last edited by Incarnet on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dark Eldar”