Incarnet - Dark Eldar

Incarnet

Incarnet - Dark Eldar

Post by Incarnet » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:38 pm

For this year’s Hobby Progress Challenge I have decided to paint up a force of Dark Eldar. I have enjoyed the miniatures of the line since the third edition release of the Black Templars vs. Dark Eldar boxed game and the redesign of the line more than just rekindled that enjoyment.
Despite this interest in the miniatures though I am having some trouble with the list building aspect of the challenge, especially for Zone Mortalis. So take the army list I am posting at this time with a pound of salt, it will be subject to change!
Without further ado,

Dark Eldar List 0.01
Zone Mortalis: Attacker

HQ
Archon
Haemonculus x3

Elites
Incubi (Five Incubi)
Incubi (Five Incubi)
Incubi (Five Incubi)

Fast Attack
Beastmasters
Beastmasters (Three Beastmasters)
Khymerae Pack (Five Khymerae)
Khymerae Pack )Five Khymerae)
Razorwing Flock (Two Razorwing stands)

Troops
Wyches (Five Wyches)
Wyches (Five Wyches)

Total Points: 996

Incarnet

Re: Incarnet - Dark Eldar

Post by Incarnet » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:47 pm

My first commitment for the 2014 HPC is going to be one box of Dark Eldar Wyches (10 Wyches). This will be enough to fill out both of my original troop choices. Depending on how much fun I have painting them I may end up adding more though as I do enjoy the aesthetics of those miniatures.
Attachments
FebruaryCommitment.jpg
FebruaryCommitment.jpg (207.28 KiB) Viewed 2017 times

cicero

Post by cicero » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Looks like a lot of fun!

I dig the incubi! Total badasses with that high initiative and AP2 weapons, they will bring some pain tokens for sure!
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:43 pm

I am going to have to admit defeat for the February commitment. Sitting at my paint desk earlier today I realized that I could rush it and finish today but I wouldn't be happy with them.

So I will be posting a small commitment for march tomorrow and finish the wyches as well.

cicero

Post by cicero » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:37 am

Hey, there is no such thing as defeat as long as the miniatures become painted! Don't lose heart.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Sigismund

Post by Sigismund » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Better to have minis you are satisfied with than to rush, keep your chin up! The list looks pretty fun I haven't really used beastmasters at all but incubi and wyches are awesome! It should be a pretty fun list, I like the focus on close combat.

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Just a quick snapshot and some progress notes.
Of the ten Wyches I started with two have met ill fates being used as test models when I became dissatisfied with my original paint scheme and will be returning to the Haemonculus pools (re: paint stripping).

The other 8 have the base layers, aside from the guns and the metallic areas, down and look a lot like the picture posted below. The darker browns will be further painted to appear to be bone or flayed flesh depending on the area and about half of the black areas will be painted silver in the next few steps (I am waiting on the arrival of some VMA metallic paints as I have heard wonderful things about their silvers). The rock on the base will be painted to be a rock of course, and once the rest of the model is completed it will be winter themed with dead grass and snow. I am not certain what I will be doing with the ranged weapons yet. Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome.

There are still aspects I am not happy with and some colors might be adjusted as things progress but over all I think things are beginning to come together and further progress should be quicker.
Attachments
WychProgress.jpg
WychProgress.jpg (122.87 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Okay Everyone,

I have completed a Test Wych but am not certain about it. I need some opinions and suggestions! Any commentary would be appreciated while I ponder if this is how I want them to look.

I know I am not happy with the gun and will have to think of something there, the vials of drugs will also need some practice. Don't hold back with the commentary but suggestions are the most helpful.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Great stuff!! Though I can't see it very well in the pictures, it does look like the gun is just one color. It's hard to say what other color you should add to it, though. I really like the pop of the brown ammo packs on his hip, but with your established scheme being that color is 'cloth' it's hard to justify adding it to the gun. Maybe try the... em... canister part (the oval indentation that might be exposed barrel towards the tip of the gun) in green, and the gems on the revolver/pump thing at the back of the gun green as well? Since the drug lines are green on the rest of the model, you could easily justify the poison containers being green also.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:32 am

Thank you for the feedback! I should have some more progress completed soon.

Return to “Dark Eldar”