Araceae - Kabal of the Splintered Lotus

Araceae

Araceae - Kabal of the Splintered Lotus

Post by Araceae » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Been a little all over the place with the few armies I’ve started building. Still unsure how I want to paint my standard Eldar army, so I switched over to fleshing out my Dark Eldar army. The 2014 Hobby Progress Challenge seemed like as good of a reason to actually stop buying lots of guys, and finally get to painting them. Not sure I’ll actually be able to keep up with getting everything done on the monthly basis seeing as I still need supplies and I’m also still setting up my hobbying space. I want to do some conversions as well, so that might slow me down from time to time. However I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to finish everything by the end of the challenge.

Anyway, since I’m still getting back into the hobby I may need some aid to make sure my list is legit (especially since I never heard of Zone of Mortalis until listening to the podcast). My list is made up of stuff I already have, so won’t be the most thematic or competitive list for now. Hopefully it will just be the start of a larger Dark Eldar force that will have some fluff attached to it later as well (still working all that out). Enough rambling, here is my list:

Defenders FOC from Zone Mortalis:

HQ:

1 ~ Haemonculus: Splinter Pistol; Venom Blade; Hexrifle; Dark Gate. 

Unit Total: 95 pts.

Troops:

10 ~ Kabalite Warriors; Splinter Rifle x10. 

Unit Total: 90 pts.

9 ~ Wracks; Poisoned Weapon x2; Liquifier Gun x1. 

1 ~ Acothyst; Poisoned Weapon x2; Hexrifle. 

Unit Total: 135 pts.

9 ~ Wyches; Splinter Pistol x9 & Close Combat Weapon x9; Plasma Grenades. 

1 ~ Hekatrix; Blast Pistol; Phantasm Grenade Launcher; Plasma Grenades; Venom Blade. 

Unit Total: 140 pts.

Elites:

4 ~ Grotesques; Close Combat Weapon; Liquifier Gun x1. 

1 ~ Aberration; Close Combat Weapon; Scissorhand. 

Unit Total: 210 pts.

Fast Attack:

3 ~ Beastmaster; Close Combat Weapon x2; Agoniser. 

2 ~ Razorwing Flock. 

5 ~ Khymerae Pack.

5 ~ Khymerae Pack. 

Unit Total: 206 pts.

Heavy Support:

1 ~ Talos Pain Engine; TL Splinter Cannon; Chain-flails; Additional Close Combat Weapon. 

Unit Total: 125 pts.

Roster Total: 1001 pts.

Commitments:

Loopy
IC Staff

Re: Araceae - Kabal of the Splintered Lotus

Post by Loopy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:47 am

Conversions are well worth the time spent. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Araceae

Post by Araceae » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Already feel behind compared to a lot of other people on this forum, but figured that would be the case in the beginning. Won't be getting a lot done this weekend, but did make some progress towards getting my hobbying area closer to a usable space. Anyway, here is a picture of my unit of 10 x Kabalite Warriors (in pieces) that I hope to complete for this month's commitment.

Araceae

Post by Araceae » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Well, due to some expected and some unexpected circumstances I have fallen really behind in my HPC progress. I won’t be completing this month’s commitment on time. Heck, I still don’t even have all my paints/supplies yet. However, I’m not going to drop out as hopefully I’ll be able to catch up at some point and then keep up with it from that point on.

That said, I figured I would still post my commitments for the rest of the first part of the challenge. So here is what I’m aiming for:

10 x Kabalite Warriors ~ February (which I won’t complete on time)
4 x Grotesques & Aberration ~ March
3 x Beastmaster + 2 x Razorwing Flock + 5 x Khymerae Pack + 5 x Khymerae Pack ~ April
9 x Wyches & Hekatrix ~ May
9 x Wracks & Acothyst ~ May
1 x Talos Pain Engine ~ June
1 x Haemonculus ~ June

Sonic Rob

Post by Sonic Rob » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:57 pm

It's tough not completing a commitment, especially the first one, but there's still lots of time left in the year. You can totally get things back on track!
Bolter marines never go out of fashion. They are the little black dress of troops choices.

Return to “Dark Eldar”