Blackmoor - Cabel of the poison mind

Blackmoor

Blackmoor - Cabel of the poison mind

Post by Blackmoor » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:24 am

Well, I have been meaning to take part in the last couple of HPCs but I never got around to it so I thought I would give this a try.

The List:

Baron Von Hellion
12 Hellions w/Helliarch
12 Hellions w/Helliarch
10 Scourges
4 Beastmasters
Clawed Fiend
4 Razorwing Flocks
5 Khymerae

So why Dark Eldar?

Well I am trying to build a Harlequin themed Eldar army and I want a DE army to go with them.

cicero

Re: Blackmoor - Cabel of the poison mind

Post by cicero » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:30 am

Looks like fun, can't wait to see them. Are you doing a harlequin colour scheme for the DE elements as well?

What are your thoughts on the khymerae? I have a bunch of the old pewter warp beasts I have been meaning to paint up and use as a beast pack.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:50 pm

I love Eldar/Dark Eldar lists with unified paint schemes. I REALLY love Harlequins. Suffice to say, your project really interests me. Looking forward to it.

Welcome to the forums! Are you the same gentleman from the 11th Company podcast?

Blackmoor

Post by Blackmoor » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:44 am

Loopy wrote: Welcome to the forums! Are you the same gentleman from the 11th Company podcast?
The simple answer is yes.

Blackmoor

Post by Blackmoor » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:34 am

cicero wrote:Looks like fun, can't wait to see them. Are you doing a harlequin colour scheme for the DE elements as well?
Ah the colors!

Since DE run with Harlequins they are not going to be harlequin colors (The explosion in the paint factory look). The only units that I would paint with harlequin colors are the units that are in the citadel journal for harlequins.

I am going to paint them like my Tzeentch Warriors of Chaos. I will get a pic of them up soon, but they look very similar to this:

This image was Hyv3mynd's and you can find his blog an a tutorial here:

http://synaps3.blogspot.com/2012/07/air ... coats.html

The other option I was thinking about is a tutorial by Les Bursley since it looks nice and seems a bit easier.
http://youtu.be/aDM3L0KAeoY

What are your thoughts on the khymerae? I have a bunch of the old pewter warp beasts I have been meaning to paint up and use as a beast pack.
Most people started 6th edition using razorwing flocks because of the attacks and the wounds. Since the release of the Tau and Eldar Codex those armies can shoot a ton of strength 6 shots that ignore cover and can easily wipe out beast packs of razorwing. Now all of the beast packs are jammed with Khymerae. The reason why is that you get 5 per beastmaster so you can have 25 of them in one unit, and they have an invulnerable save so that can't be ignored. When you add fortune on to this unit with it's number of models, and a Shadow field's 2+ inv save it makes for a durable, fast moving, hard hitting unit (which is everything you want in a unit).

Oh, and I am not painting some of each beast because it is the most competitive, I am doing it because I have the models and I want to paint them.

Return to “Dark Eldar”