Void Dragon Corsairs - Completed

Loopy
IC Staff

Re: Void Dragon Corsairs

Post by Loopy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:40 am

Oh, that is so cool. Nice work. Show that thick-headed mon-keigh who's boss!

steinerp

Post by steinerp » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:25 pm

The second squad of trueborn are done (I'll get a group picture of them soon). I also finished my first raider.

cicero

Post by cicero » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Holy moly that raider is cool!

The bigger the model, the more impressive I find your scheme!

I feel like it needs a third colour though... maybe some blue or green on the weapon gems/glowy bits? The enemy needs to have an obvious target to aim at after all... ;)
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

gsjtitan

Post by gsjtitan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Nice Steiner!

BTW...nice to see you here!

steinerp

Post by steinerp » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:17 am

Cicero- I am insulted at your three color comment. This thing will have 15 colors on it once the driver is added and it is based. Actually I agree with the sentiment (and don't take any offense), as much as I have gemstones on eldar models, they provide a very nice and easy way to create that contrast. The lack of them on the raider is mildly annoying (doesn't help that I know notice I forgot to do them on the guns either). I am also a bit disappointed in how the yellow/copper gemstone work on the dark eldar/eldar models. On the eldar portion of the army they fit nicely, on the dark eldar they really do leave open the lack of contrast criticism. Problem is I don't want to go back and change the eldar portion of the army.

I am also leaving open the idea of some sort of unit marking or something to try and get a little more color on there but that will probably wait until the final army is about to finished, touchup stage.

Primebeef

Post by Primebeef » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Nice freehand work, keep it up.

steinerp

Post by steinerp » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:20 am

Void dragons have been on hold for a bit. I got some fancy jetbikes from russia that are about 1000 times better than the GW eldar jetbikes (and cheaper too) and I've been working to finish them. I also have been working no my display board for adepticon. Once I get them finished I should be able to make some good progress on the void dragons again. The shadow spectres are almost finished. Anyways here is a picture of the display board jsut to prove I have been working.

steinerp

Post by steinerp » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:39 am

Got the rest of the dark Eldar at adepticon. 30 more warriors. Now that adepticon is done I hope to make more progress on these guys.

steinerp

Post by steinerp » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:38 am

April was a good month and a bad month. The second squad of trueborn was finished. I even got a game in with them. On the bad side I have no idea where the squad is. I'm worried it was left at the store. Worst part is I didnt even get pictures taken yet. I also finished the shadow spectres and the repaint of their shadow lord. I'm not 100% happy with the job. I love the models but I have yet to find a paint scheme that I really like. Anyways, here are some pictures of them.

steinerp

Post by steinerp » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Found a mouse nest last night in the installation. After catching the five mice under boxes I had a positive thing to report. The missing trueborn have been found.

Return to “Dark Eldar”