Cicero - Kabal of the Charred Skull - Apr Complete :D

lemonsucker55

Re: Cicero - Kabal of the Charred Skull - Retro Fandango

Post by lemonsucker55 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:26 pm

I love the retro fitted originals and the new helmets on the old warriors. It has a huge impact updating the old models but still retains their charm. Awesome!!

TheSelsword

Post by TheSelsword » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:27 pm

cicero wrote:Thanks guys! Tomorrow morning will be an early one to catch the hockey game, but hopefully will be a hobbyfull day!

While posing this fellow on his base I happened on this by accident. What do you guys think of this "action shot" pose with the space marine crashing to the ground at his feet?

To me it feels like a still out of the movie 300... but I am not 100% sold on it. I will revisit the blutacked models later, I think I will paint the marine separately anyway.
I've been waiting to see one of these painted up for an avatar.

As for the pose, I like the idea but I think the marine is at the wrong angle. He should be up in the air a little more and flying back instead of down for how close he is to the avatar.

cicero

Post by cicero » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:53 pm

TheSelsword wrote:
cicero wrote:Thanks guys! Tomorrow morning will be an early one to catch the hockey game, but hopefully will be a hobbyfull day!

While posing this fellow on his base I happened on this by accident. What do you guys think of this "action shot" pose with the space marine crashing to the ground at his feet?

To me it feels like a still out of the movie 300... but I am not 100% sold on it. I will revisit the blutacked models later, I think I will paint the marine separately anyway.
I've been waiting to see one of these painted up for an avatar.

As for the pose, I like the idea but I think the marine is at the wrong angle. He should be up in the air a little more and flying back instead of down for how close he is to the avatar.
Thanks mate, I agree with you on the pose, he is just blutacked on right now. Even with the avatar at the very back of the base the angle is still off. Putting him in the air might help, I will try that out!

Worked on the wyches tonight, finally settling down into a skin colour after a few unsuccessful tests. I think this gives me a bit of contrast against the white armour, but still could use a bit of work.

The important thing is I am excited to work on them again! Hopefully finish this week... it will be nice to get april out of the way since I will be spending april in Australia and won't have much time for painting. :D
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

cornu mortem

Post by cornu mortem » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Fire in the... Taco Bell!
Oh, did I miss that party? Damn.

Anyway looking very nice, with a color scheme that brings a new facet to the DE.

...Every time I open your thread I go back to look at the pain engine just one more time, it looks ancient and terrible; excellent work, looking forward to the avatar... is he going to be white as well?

cicero

Re: Cicero - Kabal of the Charred Skull - Back at it!

Post by cicero » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Hey thanks for the comments! The avatar will be either white, or I will steal the colour scheme from DAVE PAINTS as I think Chelle's avatar looks boss.

Sorry for the delay, I have spent the better part of the last month in australia. Influencing the choice of avatar colour scheme, my Girlfriend read Path of the Seer on the airplane so i want the avatar to fit in with any possible eldar force that might happen in the future. ;)

So here is aprils completed wyches. I am still not really as happy with them as I would like, painting all of that skin is outside my comfort zone and honestly I am fed up with it! Luckily next month will be mostly armoured dudes.

I am still enjoying the weathering, and practicing some freehand.

There are some amazing sculpts, and the results are okay for the tabletop!

Sigismund

Re: Cicero - Kabal of the Charred Skull - Apr Complete :D

Post by Sigismund » Thu May 01, 2014 9:14 am

It is a nice colour for the dark eldar skin, I like the blue and purple hues for them. The tattoos are a nice touch as well. Skin can be a tricky thing to paint, and I know it is definitely out of my comfort zone as well, but I think the unit looks really nice together. That said, they seem to lack some of the pizzazz that your incubi and talos had. Maybe they need a bit of blood, or a brighter spot colour. What's up next?

Jakartor

Post by Jakartor » Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 am

Great Work Cicero, Hope you had hella fun in Oz!

cavalier_ava

Post by cavalier_ava » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Hey Cicero I love what you've got going on here. Your paint scheme is sick and the execution is as well! I love your Webway portal as well, its just as I imagine a Dark Eldar webway portal to look like... alien and sinister. Great work here keep it up!
Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7093

cicero

Post by cicero » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Ah, thanks a lot for the compliments mate it means a lot considering how cool your eldar are:)

Unfortunately holidays and moving got in the way of the first half of the challenge, and I think I will be back with some space Marines for the second half! Eldar are shelved for now but will be back.

Jakartor

Post by Jakartor » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Those raptors to much of a draw?? :)

Return to “Dark Eldar”