Base Size

Painting Tips and Modeling Advice.
pablothegreat

Base Size

Post by pablothegreat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 pm

I've really resisted switching to 32mm bases for my marines based (pun not intended) upon me frustrated that all the work I've done with my bases is wasted. I've seen the converter kits, and I find them too expensive and they're not clean enough.

So, I found 100 bases on aliexpress for $8. Sweet.

However, what other models other than marines need 32mm? I have Eldar, Orks, Necrons - is there a website stating who should have what? I don't think most Eldar would, but wraithguard might....

Help!

EverRaven

Re: Base Size

Post by EverRaven » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:08 am

Well, GW has made it clear that as long as you are basing for aesthetic reasons, and not trying to gain an advantage tactically - they really don't care. So, I've been looking at the footprint of the model. If the model is hanging off the base - I step up to 32mm.

Take the new genestealer cult models - the neophytes come with a few 32mm bases included with the regular size bases. They encourage you to put the heavy weapon guys on a larger base so they are more stable and fit on the base better... which, I did. And funny enough it lets me spot that heavy weapon guy a lot faster in the sea of bodies!

Return to “Painting & Modeling”