Custom transfer sheets?

Painting Tips and Modeling Advice.
EverRaven

Re: Custom transfer sheets?

Post by EverRaven » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Yeah - custome shoulder pads is one of the main reasons I bought two sets of the Dark Vengence Boxset for my DA army ;) Lot easier to paint those suckers than use transfers :)

It also lets you put definition on the icon.

Course, that is expensive ;)

Stephanius
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Paladin
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: The Emerald Knights

Post by Stephanius » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:00 am

I've made and used my own decals based on blank sheets from the local model train store. I used ink-jet sheets, there are also laser sheets available.

What is important to keep in mind is that the ink from an ink jet printer isn't waterproof, yet you need to use water or medium to get them ready to slide. That means the clear coat you need to seal the decals with is critical. It must be even and completely dry to protect the print.

Another thing to consider is that household printers do not print white. That why those decal sheets come with a solid white background or transparent. Planning ahead is needed. Light colours are difficult with the transparent sheet, the white risks looking like a sticker.

I hope that helps :)

BigMek

Post by BigMek » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:04 pm

I have considered doing it myself but think I'd rather have others do it.

I am starting to worry about copyright though, as I need copies of already existing logos from GW, but they just aren't available as transfers anymore.

Gooch181

Post by Gooch181 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:14 am

I found a raptors transfer sheet! http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/file/71-raptors-decal-sheet/

I just need to get some ink and transfer paper so I can see how well they work.

Return to “Painting & Modeling”