Loopy - Imperial Knights

Painting Tips and Modeling Advice.
Grots Life

Re: Loopy - Imperial Knights

Post by Grots Life » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Looks like you've sorted the color scheme. Go cohesive, like you seem to want to, and make them all unique on the shoulder pads.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Meleficent and Drogon are both ready for decals and additional basing. I do think that the different colors aren't detrimental to the overall scheme at this point thanks to the black primary color and positioning of other off-color elements. Looking forward to working on the others. Need to move on to terrain now. Being able to get these mostly done was a nice Christmas present, though.

EverRaven

Post by EverRaven » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:39 am

I'm digging the purple! Very clean look, Loopy!

Rbdhd

Post by Rbdhd » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:42 am

I really like the metal look achieved and the detail art is great. I like the multiple dragons theme. Can't wait to see more.

Dave

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:39 am

Crazy_Irish

Post by Crazy_Irish » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Wow, Loopy, I love your Knight army. It's such a cool idea with those dragons and a wonderful execution!

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:27 pm

The Jabberwock

Even the most patient hands in House Draco cannot hope to completely tame the bloodthirsty machine spirit of The Jabberwock. This knight is pressed into service only when the mission is of the most dire variety. Even then, only the most experienced warriors are bound to its carapace. Only the most skilled and wise Preceptors survive the experience. No matter how bloody the engagement gets, however, the Jabberwock has always climbed out of the rubble and ashes, ready to slaughter another day.

blockade23

Post by blockade23 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:20 am

Loopy wrote:The Jabberwock

Even the most patient hands in House Draco cannot hope to completely tame the bloodthirsty machine spirit of The Jabberwock. This knight is pressed into service only when the mission is of the most dire variety. Even then, only the most experienced warriors are bound to its carapace. Only the most skilled and wise Preceptors survive the experience. No matter how bloody the engagement gets, however, the Jabberwock has always climbed out of the rubble and ashes, ready to slaughter another day.

Loving the fluff of this piece. That's a nasty bit of Knightly scariness.

Also wanted to say that the unique color schemes for each knight still work together - similar to a deathwatch army - the black and silver make them all similar, but not the same. Plus the shoulder pads help each one stand out, as I suspect a Knight pilot would demand.
HPC-2016

Wisdom Hunters Warband & Renegades!
4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM
Deathwatch Haltmoat Force Quartus

Record 2017 - 11/8/2
Acquired 2017:11 Painted: 108
Last Acquired: Cultists
Last Painted: Skeletons
WIP: Scenery (I Have a problem(?)

Tallassarinus

Post by Tallassarinus » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:52 am

Loopy wrote:The Jabberwock

Even the most patient hands in House Draco cannot hope to completely tame the bloodthirsty machine spirit of The Jabberwock...
I love these knights, Loopy! Your Jabberwock definitely has eyes of flame!!!!!!!
"Martial strategy is a set of expedients and reactions; it resists reduction to system and scholarship." - Ancient Terran War Sage

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:53 am

While the forums were down...

Cerastus Knight Acheron: Smaug

Currently piloted by the talented, young Scion Martial Davyd Bevvry, Smaug is renowned for the total decimation of its foes. This Questoris Knight Acheron revels in the total immolation of any Daemonic hordes which would threaten to swarm his fellow House Draco Knights. Of course, when the smaller foes have been reduced to smouldering brimstone, Smaug can deliver devastating blows with his chainsword against Daemon Princes and Greater Daemons alike.

Questoris Knight Gallant Tiamat

Scion Martial Michelle Vaughn is a fiercely competitive individual and her steed, the Questoris Knight Gallant named Tiamat suffers no other pilot at her controls. The knight demands much of its Scion, insisting only on those possessing of a competitive spirit. Vaughn and Tiamat pride themselves on immaculate performances on the battlefield, pushing themselves to always give more than they take. Even some of the more magnificent and ancient Knights in House Draco do not live up to the strict bar that these two warriors have set for themselves.

Return to “Painting & Modeling”