Blockade's PM Log - Chaos, Guard, SM and More!

Painting Tips and Modeling Advice.
blockade23

Re: Blockade's PM Log - HPC 2016 Chaos, Guard & SM and More!

Post by blockade23 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Elbows wrote:Yeah, even that link gives me a 404 error. It seems to be a big issue with google pics and forums - I've seen it pop up a lot of LA etc.
I honestly don't know how else to fix it :-( You could also try joining the Warhammer Maryland group - a bunch of us post our pictures on there (It's also kept private because, you know, jobs.)

Okay, so onto my normal weekend post.

I HATE STERNGUARD. I cannot finish them to save my life. WHY?! I am so unmotivated to past finecrap. UGH and even the plastic ones aren't much better. So much fiddly detail. GRR.

So instead I painted up a Thousand Son Test model and a bunch of chaos renegades for my 40k thousand sons because I'm so much more effective that way.

Done!

Hope you like them. And let me know what you think of the TS paint scheme. I followed FW's orders except I had to use nuln oil instead of carronburg crimson since I don't own that. Its in the mail though.

Next week, I hope to have the sternguard done.
HPC-2016

Wisdom Hunters Warband & Renegades!
4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM
Deathwatch Haltmoat Force Quartus

Record 2017 - 11/8/2
Acquired 2017:11 Painted: 108
Last Acquired: Cultists
Last Painted: Skeletons
WIP: Scenery (I Have a problem(?)

blockade23

Post by blockade23 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:00 pm

OKAY GUESS WHAT I FINISHED SO MUCH STUFF YOU GUYS :-)

Sorry for yelling, I'm just super pumped.

The TL:DR picture - I finished all this.

Now in detail.

9 Sternguard including a magnetized combi-melta and a combi plasma and another combi-melta. Honestly, they felt like they took forever - I even painted up backpacks to go with them. So much gold and silver parts! Maybe now they'll get used actually.

My latest Imperial Guard squad - They're Victoria Miniatures Female Arcadians. Plus a praetorian lieutenant to lead them and some more Cadians. Includes one of Vic's limited edition standard bearer models. Also, I tried to paint more multi-cultured skin. Let me know what you think I'll try to include some more pictures.

This one sorta shows the cultists (oops) - You've already seen them in an earlier post. They just got based.
Now a preview of November's commitment! My counts-as-techmarine (gotta love the new data smith model), and some Chaos Chosen.

Unfinished Chosen

More pictures...

That's it for tonight, let me know what you think!
HPC-2016

4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM

Record 2017 - 11/8/2

blockade23

Post by blockade23 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:08 am

Hi all,

Fear not more pictures shall be incoming. Took some at the game on Saturday and haven't had a chance to upload them yet. That being said, I won my first game with my Tzeentch army! Only 1,000 points, but the maulerfiend is actually pretty terrifying (we play on heavy terrain boards).

Also, I got gift of mutation giving my librarian eternal warrior and the aspiring champion in the squad rerolled armor saves (haha!) So the Thousand Sons unit was nigh unstoppable, including killing a unit of wraithguard in shooty and close hand combat.

Although in truth it was my ally - blood angels player - that really knocked out their whole army. I just had to withstand a lot of shooting (tau and eldar) in the first two turns eek. Lots of hiding by cultists, who have now killed two tau drones by themselves (or that plus two piranhas if you include the attached Dark Apostle.
HPC-2016

4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM

Record 2017 - 11/8/2

blockade23

Post by blockade23 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:07 am

Some updated brand spanking new Thousand Sons for my...4th...army. Note - there's no thousand sons bits floating around yet, still have to order them from FW so I'm betting that there won't be many sergeants made (and no shoulder pads) for a while. I know these are still in google photos - Good news is for HPC 2017 I'm going to switch to photo bucket.

Also, I've started up an account on the Horus Heresy 30k forums - same username. Stop by if you'd like!

HPC-2016

4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM

Record 2017 - 11/8/2

blockade23

Post by blockade23 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Okay so I gave in - here's a test model for my Thousand Sons. Shoulder pads are missing because I'm waiting to order special Thousand Son ones from FW.

EDIT UPDATE - I've reposted them with the open a new tab and do the copy image address option. So hopefully it works now (2nd time!)

Hopefully you all can see... :-)
Last edited by blockade23 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HPC-2016

4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM

Record 2017 - 11/8/2

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:57 pm

Sadly I can't see it Blockade. I purposely quoted your last post to see if I could get the images to display for me and I think I realize your problem. With in the "[ img ][ /img ]" tags you're linking to Googles Image viewer (or whatever they call it). What you need to put between the tags is the actual image location. To get that you go to that page that display the image and allows you to browse around. You right click on the picture you want and select "View Image". This will give the direct address to that image. In Google's case thats a GIGANTIC string. Here's one of yours...

http.../lh3.googleusercontent.com/BABnaA0oILPWOQ-MY8vKkV-EYulY-8ldL0g5gTAcX54gx7GMJBAVk67TNkSgHm-5vr3keDU6J4hIrA6WEy8jphpomLNGUkkXPQTBh_7089uROHhXHFcvt4Dc75dHWggVr6pmrBoaOH3s50ixHoS4ifsPDoki3IieoBcduQaT10A6R_R_7GMqD_gcyLUQlMFQUTZSyz_zfJczkm7Xam2puYGY5H9UostyQsBYMVby8BloIuWw2RMkNSUYEchBwNtc_H-O5ybTHkBIPI8QDuNyKMFV3AvgaFiVkhkWiF5Id8833_YO1Cb2CUFWONNoiGDr29PCTEVN6KHfQLmk4QiAO-XmMoNHhFRdS_58jwezevlOSZOLuL-vKaAVFqDWOKGz3qYz8KsaHONMoBOhuJn41-xezDLPC8WF6m6byUQUdiCD0mQyZIn7bZo6sxG4RkOZOKlXKve4jmFrzR1ToOgBQZzHVIBo7Cmc5AfTzc2Ys8xL1VLiosBAbmaMQOCDV0EEtiuaZONkUKBg2vo3RiFH2XD_v6ctrYEufbFTF3tK6bbqih03ACD82HELjhAxIwsHT1ZdzpHSPoh7wlKnzGUAZmlPjQvTJVgPV5P-Trf3zYhj4xTH=w711-h947-no

That there is the actual web address and that's what has to go between the two tags. I hope that's understandable. I don't know all the right terms.
blockade23 wrote:Okay so I gave in - here's a test model for my Thousand Sons. Shoulder pads are missing because I'm waiting to order special Thousand Son ones from FW.

All that aside, nicely done! I really like the base. Gives it a real classical feel.

EDIT UPDATE - INTERESTING - I can see these photos here on a Google Chrome device, but not on the FIrefox browser. I uploaded what I thought was the same way, but evidently now. I'll fix them tonight.

Hopefully you all can see... :-)

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Actually even better then hitting "View Image" is "Copy Image Location". That will work too and one step faster.

blockade23

Post by blockade23 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:28 pm

Malahat Mike wrote:Actually even better then hitting "View Image" is "Copy Image Location". That will work too and one step faster.
The hilarious thing is... in your quoted passage of my pictures, they actually worked, whereas the original posting did not (Cracks up) anyways, I fixed them with the old way. :-) Now maybe people will actually see them! Thanks for the help, it's getting annoying!
HPC-2016

4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM

Record 2017 - 11/8/2

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:19 am

Its really the bigger issue is things like google and facebook. They don't play nice outside their own social networks.

blockade23

Post by blockade23 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:11 am

Hi all,

Thousand Sons Leaks have killed my wallet.

I mean... I just bought the BOP boxed set, and now I want EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE THOUSAND SONS NEW MINIS.

ARGH!

Anyone want to buy a kidney? Looks like my Chaos army is going to go from - 'Allied' to 'Standalone'

Also I'm probably making a FW Order soon. Volkite Cannons for a dreadnaught any good? I really like the look of them - or should I got anti-armor.
HPC-2016

4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM

Record 2017 - 11/8/2

Return to “Painting & Modeling”