Pabloescobear's 2016 HPC - Painting Random Things

Painting Tips and Modeling Advice.
pabloescobear

Pabloescobear's 2016 HPC - Painting Random Things

Post by pabloescobear » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:28 am

Well I was going to retire but I guess with the return of the podcast I have to keep going.

I have a few things that I want to get done this year, but it won't be as ambitious as last year. I will be wrapping up my Space Wolves and then painting some random models that I have lying around. This will include Blood Angels, Tryanids, Dark Eldar, and Tau.

I probably won't be doing as large of squads as last time or digital camo (although it looks so good on Tau) or any additional squads since I want to finish my Descent, Imperial Assault, and Age of Sigmar stuff but we have all seen what happened when Carl tried to proclaim that he wasn't going to do something involving 40K before.

I'll try to get some photos of my first commitment up here soon.

pabloescobear

Re: Pabloescobear's 2016 HPC - Painting Random Things

Post by pabloescobear » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:04 pm

So, first up is some Tyranids. Hormagaunts for February:

And Termagants for March:

Here is my first finished Hormagaunt so you can see the color scheme that I am going for:

Eldarain

Post by Eldarain » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:29 pm

Cool scheme. That patterened blue really pops.
Alan Bligh for 40k Overfiend!

HPC 2016: Bearers of the Word

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8186&p=113518#p113518

pabloescobear

Post by pabloescobear » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:35 am

Eldarain wrote:Cool scheme. That patterened blue really pops.
Thanks. Wish I could say that I thought of it myself, but I stole it from here http://www.necrotales.com/necroTutorial ... ids_01.php

FrazUK

Post by FrazUK » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:16 pm

Great scheme there Pablo, looking forward to seeing your variety of stuff this year.
HPC2016 - Sons of Horus: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8653
HPC2015 - Iron Hands and Skitarii(w/Knight): viewtopic.php?t=8388

moodymullet

Post by moodymullet » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Really like the gaunt colors, you've done them really nicely. And thanks for putting up the link to the tutorial.
HPC 2015: Putrid Nightcrawlers CSM
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8240

HPC 2016: Dark Angels and other Imperial Fascists
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8621

snorian

Post by snorian » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Looks good Pablo, you're off to another great start this year. Can't wait to see the dark Eldar you have coming up.

pabloescobear

Post by pabloescobear » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:58 am

FrazUK wrote:Great scheme there Pablo, looking forward to seeing your variety of stuff this year.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to the variety as well. I got burnt out with grey Space Wolves by the end of the challenge last year. I hope that this will help keep me more motivated.
moodymullet wrote:Really like the gaunt colors, you've done them really nicely. And thanks for putting up the link to the tutorial.
For their Gaunts they did blue carapaces. I can see why you would want to do that for cranking them out quickly, but I really like the look of the random spotting even on basic Gaunts.
snorian wrote:Looks good Pablo, you're off to another great start this year. Can't wait to see the dark Eldar you have coming up.
I'm really looking forward to the Dark Eldar. I've had them for a while now and have gone through quite a few different color schemes but I think I'm going to go with a light green that fades to black with purple and or yellow highlights. We'll see what ends up happening though since that's a few months down the line.

pabloescobear

Post by pabloescobear » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:33 pm

I finished up February.

I got them done fairly quickly and I am very happy with how they turned out. They also gave be a chance to try some different techniques for painting which is definitely a good thing.

I'll be taking a few weeks off with some personal projects that I am working on, vacation, and some family coming to visit, so I'm glad I got these finished up in the first week of February. On the other hand, I can't wait to start working on March's commitment.

pabloescobear

Post by pabloescobear » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:57 pm

So I ended up taking a little break from painting 40k and worked on C-3PO and R2-D2 from my Imperial Assault set for a couple of hours tonight.

Return to “Painting & Modeling”