Loopy Paints Unto Others

Painting Tips and Modeling Advice.
Loopy
IC Staff

Loopy Paints Unto Others

Post by Loopy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:02 am

I've been doing a lot of work for others, so rather than do a ton of threads, I figured I'd just start one thread to post every time I do something for someone.

Did some Bloodletters and a couple more Berserkers for the guy at our store who had me do some berserkers last month. First, here are the berserkers:

And the Bloodletters...

I know that fire is yellower in the middle, but I wasn't thinking of these blades as being on fire, but just being heat-based power weapons where the edges are the most hot for obvious reasons.

The customer wants the skin to be glossed up to look more like they're covered in blood, so I wanted to take some pics before that happened.

Thanks for looking!

Billyjoeray

Re: Loopy Paints Unto Others

Post by Billyjoeray » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Oh dear... I had almost forgotten that that's what bloodletters used to look like! I love them! What a cool bunch of models.
-Ian
-------------------------------------
Warlord Gutrippa's WAAAAAAGH! - Orks

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:04 am

3 Exploded and 2 Wrecked markers for my buddy's SoB walkers. These were delayed because I had some additional work to do. I thought it'd be cool to add some black to the edges of the fire for a smoke effect but that was super dumb. It took a few coats to get it back to the way it was before I messed it up. Next in line are a Scout squad for my #Freebootaz Toys for Tots donation and then some Griffon conversions.

I didn't do the initial paint on the walkers, they just broke. I simply added the fire, a little OSL, and touched them up.

As usual with pictures, they reveal some unfinished business. I need to touch up the face and hand on the one wrecked marker where the pale, bare metal has rubbed off.

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:10 am

Wow. Neat idea. I actually have and "extra" PE, so I might steal this idea. Otherwise that's a pretty expensive marker.
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:17 am

Ain't that the truth???

But these were pretty horribly broken and missing pieces when he got them off eBay, so I was able to take the two busted walkers and make 5 markers out of them. I still have bitz left over, too, but he only has 3 of them for use in game, so I think this should suffice.

Thanks!

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:19 am

Great use of stuff. I really have too many projects.... You guys are killin' me.
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:25 pm

My Freeboota Toys for Tots donation is done:

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:18 am

I've painted the vehicles for my buddy's Imperial Guard allies whom he uses with his Sisters of Battle. These were EXTREMELY tough for me and I'm not entirely sure why I think it may be that it's been so very long since I've used drybrushing techniques for the majority of a model. I figured that all the raised and recessed surfaces on these tanks would lend themselves more to it. I guess they do, but if I could go back, I may have used layering instead. Fortunately, I believe these are the only tanks he will be getting for this, so I won't have to do it again.

Also, the decals were an absolute MENACE. If decals were aliens, I'd commit genocide.

You can check out the conversion build thread for the Griffons here.

Billyjoeray

Post by Billyjoeray » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 am

NICE! I really like those tanks! You don't see Imperial Guard vehicles with much color on them too often and I think the combination you chose works really well!

It may have been a pain in the ass for you to paint, but let me say, they came out great!
-Ian
-------------------------------------
Warlord Gutrippa's WAAAAAAGH! - Orks

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:23 am

Thanks, billy. I agree. If I made an IG army, it'd be so red that it'd make a Speed Freak warboss blush.

Return to “Painting & Modeling”