Oh no, not another Eldar blog!

Painting Tips and Modeling Advice.
Ryback

Re: Oh no, not another Eldar blog!

Post by Ryback » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks man.

Ok now, just a small update. I've painted up Karandras and went to a little event with him and his entourage of Aspect Warriors last weekend.

Cheers and hope you like him.

mattyg

Post by mattyg » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:11 am

really nice, how did you get on at the event?
People suprised you didnt have 50 jet bikes?
Matt
Kyiv, Ukraine.
40K Armies - SM(White Scars),DeathWatch, Eldar & Imperial Knights
30k - World Eaters & Alpha legion

Painting and Hobby blog:
http://mattdoeshobbyandpainting.blogspot.co.uk/

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:15 pm

Thank you. I actually won the event/tourney overall. 8-) But this was not a very competitive tournament - we are using a rather tight restriction system to limit power level (and Eldar are hit hard), and elements other than game results such as painting, lore-quiz, and fairplay weigh heavy on the overall score. I did fairly well in the games, though.

Since you mention Jetbikes and their broken rules, in two weeks I will be going to the Danish ETC 2017 national team qualifier to participate on the standin-player team, a much more competitive event. I shall bring a filthy amount of Jetbikes to that event, as it is expected for the ETC. And a couple of Spider Hosts as well. I will be borrowing a lot of the models from a friend who also plays Ulthwé, but I still have some work to do, so perhaps there will be an update in here in the not so far future.

Cheers

mattyg

Post by mattyg » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Good luck with the ETC, the slight rules changes this year with the number of cards scoring going up and the LOW increase is going to be interesting, i play against a lot of the guys from the Ukrainian team and I know how bad some of those lists can be. look forward to seeing some updatess
keep gaming
Matt
Kyiv, Ukraine.
40K Armies - SM(White Scars),DeathWatch, Eldar & Imperial Knights
30k - World Eaters & Alpha legion

Painting and Hobby blog:
http://mattdoeshobbyandpainting.blogspot.co.uk/

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Thank you. I will be playing on the standin-player team, and we are just there to even out the number of teams and can't win a seat on the national team, but I insist on putting up as much resistance as possible, and having a good time and a brewski or two :lol:

But it looks to be a great event qualifier this year, 12 teams, 60 players, that's about as big as 40K gets in Denmark.

Will see if I can get some pics from the venue!

Elbows

Post by Elbows » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:12 am

Awesome stuff - and I'd be very interested to see how the ETC turns out (stuff seems vicious, but almost mesmerizing...)

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:31 am

Well, the team aspect really does limit a lot of the negative vibes I would get from such competitive lists in a singles tournament setup. For example in a team game it can be a victory for a player just to pull a few VP from a bad matchup - and the pairings in a team tourney are all about creating bad matchups. It's an altogether completely different gaming experience than a singles game - you perform as a team, not as individual players - team priorities, not individual priorities.

But yeah, if narrative gaming in tune with the 40K background material is what rocks your boat exclusively, ETC events are probably not the place to go - Ordo Xenos Inquisition allied to Tau Empire and other such fluff-atrocities are really abundant.
I like both narrative and competitive play, but in the later years I have focused my sparse hobby time on narrative gaming. Next weekend will be a bit different :lol:

BTW, lists for the event are locked and published, so if anyone is interested, you can see them here:
http://www.powerfist.dk/forum/index.php?topic=95220.0

Cheers and thanks for viewing.

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:42 am

It's been a while, but I did go to the ETC qualifier a couple of weeks ago. I ended up borrowing most of the army, but did manage to get a Farseer and a Warlock painted.

The army was, as mentioned in a previous post, mostly Scatterbikes and Warp Spiders with a Wraithknight and a couple of D-cannons.

I played the only Ork player at the event, and he had brought a really cool converted renegade Knight.

But it ended with the Orks being heavily outgunned.

I also played against an anti-Eldar Dark Angels/Space Wolves army, and ended up having to run for my life. I did manage not to get tabled, but that game was still a 0-20 loss.

My mate on the standin team had brought a massive Genestealer Cult army, I mean 180 models or so. That army can really take up some space on a board...

I also played some daemons on Sunday morning. A game that I ended up losing, but the only game one of my games that did not end as either a 20-0 victory or 0-20 loss. The format sort of aims at creating the poor matchups...

Some more pics.

Some of the tables were a bit scarce on terrain. But the TO informed they intentionally keep it like that to make it look and feel like the real ETC. I personally would have preferred not to play on such open boards.

One of the many Deathstars in action vs. som Necrons.

As far as the performance of the standin team goes, well, we did not end up the very last :D

Cheers and thanks for viewing.

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:45 am

Added a bit more units to my army.

Hemlock Wraithfighter

More Wraithblades with axes

Wraithguard with D-scythes

Warlock and Farseer on bikes

Cheers

Return to “Painting & Modeling”