Oh no, not another Eldar blog!

Painting Tips and Modeling Advice.
Ryback

Re: Oh no, not another Eldar blog!

Post by Ryback » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:00 am

Thanks guys.

I do check out the hobby challenge thread with interest, but at the moment I'm a little too busy at work for any hobby commitment.

The chevrons on the vehicles are freehanded using normal brushes - I don't use masking or anything. On my first Serpent I lined up the chevrons with a soft pencil, but found that it didn't really add any value to do, so now I just get going with a semi-large brush. Usually takes about half an hour to line up the chevron and get the basecoat on. Also, given that the design is on a black hull, correcting minor mistakes is usually unproblematic.

Cheers

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:50 am

Once again it's been a long time since the last update, and indeed since I've painted anything. Recently I managed to get some paint on a Crimson Hunter Exarch to add some anti-air capacity to my force. Hope you enjoy.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:24 am

Look at that beauty! The wraithbone underside and the stripes are just phenomenal. Great work!

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Sun May 11, 2014 4:50 am

So, once again time for an update on my most recent Eldar progress.

A squad of Shining Spears with an Exarch.

Some more Hawks for a full unit with Exarch.

A Spiritiseer. I've tried painting reflections on the faceplate of his helmet. Think it came out quite allright. Also served as a tester for the heltmet on the Wraithknight I'm working on at the moment.

Finally, som Pulse Lasers for my Hornet squadron.

Hope you like it.

Cheers.

cavalier_ava

Post by cavalier_ava » Sun May 11, 2014 4:56 am

The hornets look great! Awesome looking army. Did you use Back-to-Base-ix flying bases for your hornets? I'm trying to figure out an alternative to the GW flying stands....
Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7093

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Sun May 11, 2014 5:10 am

Thank you, and yes I've used the back-2-base-ix bases for the Hornets (and the rest of the skimmers in my army). They are a really great product which I heartly recommend. I use the two-magnet versions for Falcons and the like (easily carries the old part-metal Fire Prisms and even a Lynx fits on one) and the one-magnet type for the Hornets, Jetbikes, and Vypers. Works out fine, and so much less of a hassle for gaming than the GW ones.

Fomite

Post by Fomite » Sun May 11, 2014 10:38 am

Those chevron's are freehand!?

:shock:

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Mon May 12, 2014 2:25 am

Yes they are freehanded, which is a lot easier than many people think. Just dive right into it - and don't use the smallest brush you have.

Cheers

Ryback

Post by Ryback » Fri May 06, 2016 2:15 pm

Hello world. After a year of almost no hobbying for me, I have recently found inspiration to pick up my brushes yet again. And just as the ICs podcast returned after their hiatus, excellent.

So, I have been painting on some Wraithblades, and now they are done.

I have also recently purchased a Ravenwing army from a friend of mine. Fully painted, but not to a high standard and the models are in different states of disarray, but it was a bit of bargain. Decided to not prime it over and rework it from the bottom up, as it would take way too much time and would not really be worth the effort (might as well have bought new models then...) Instead, I am improving on the existing paint job, which is mostly black and black-washed boltgun metal, by adding some color and a few details. It's a speedpaint project and it will never win any prices, and I'm perfectly alright with that. The goal is to take the army, which is around 2400 pts in total, from a low to a mid-high tabletop standard.
The first 10 bikers are done.

Lastly, I've been painting a bunch of ruins I've had standing around for way too many years. 15 ruins in total, it has been quite a drybrushing extravaganza. Excuse the poor the picture, but It'll have to do for now.

C&C as always most welcome.

Cheers and thanks for reading.

Elbows

Post by Elbows » Thu May 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Wonderful stuff. As an old school Eldar player who is rekindling his love with Eldar this is a treasure trove of excellent models. Nicely done!

Love the old school guardians for the Corsairs.

Return to “Painting & Modeling”