Malahat Mike - "Twenty Years of Shame" - CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Malahat Mike

Re: Malahat Mike - "Twenty Years of Shame" - CULTISTS DONE!

Post by Malahat Mike » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:12 pm

WOW! Did I ever get close on this one...

Oblierators are DONE!

Its still Saturday October 31st in California right? Close enough. As you can see the flock was glued onto the base about five minutes before this picture.

I realize I forgot the page saying my name, date, etc. See below

My first commitment for November will be seven cultists to complete the other squad of 10. Here they are unprimed (except for the three I completed early).

Lastly I finally got to use some of my newly painted models in a small Combat Patrol mission. Its the opening battle in our Chaos versus Tyranid campaign.

I'll write out a more thorough run down and fluff once I've gotten some sleep.

Woo ho... ZZZZZZZzzzzzz

Edit: Da Proof!

Last edited by Malahat Mike on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:06 am

It takes a lot to make those Obliterators look good, but you did it. I like the diseased looking flesh, and thr gold looks really nice as well. Are those 10 cultists the last unit in your HPC?
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:36 am

Gigantor wrote:It takes a lot to make those Obliterators look good, but you did it. I like the diseased looking flesh, and thr gold looks really nice as well. Are those 10 cultists the last unit in your HPC?
Unforunately no. I still have a vindicator and daemon prince to do.

Edit: I have no shame. Thank you for the compliment!

Malahat Mike

Re: Malahat Mike - "Twenty Years of Shame" - OCTOBER DONE!

Post by Malahat Mike » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:27 am

November is the month of distractions. The first week of the month is deer season here in Ontario so I spent that whole week up north on my first hunting trip. Add on top of that my wife and I play World of Warcraft and the next expansion was just released on Thursday. MMOs + painting miniatures; not a great combination.

But who wants excuses? Nobody. You want results. Well here you go. My Cultists with autoguns are done for November.

Darn camera focused on the paper. That's what I get for using Auto mode.

So my final two miniatures are not small ones. A Daemon Prince and a Chaos Vindicator. I swear mine is the only Daemon Prince without a conversion. Oh well. I never said I was trying to be creative or different.

14 days left... Can I do this? I hope so!

jholtmusic

Re: Malahat Mike - "Twenty Years of Shame" - OCTOBER DONE!

Post by jholtmusic » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Malahat Mike wrote:
14 days left... Can I do this? I hope so!

Those obliterators look great and so do the cultists.

You can finish in 14 days, the vindicator and Daemon prince are assembled and primed. I painted a vindicator in September and was surprised at how it came together very quickly. Good luck on finishing soon!
2015 HPC Blood Ravens-Ordo Psykana(GK)/LoTD/Imperial Knight
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8048

2014 HPC Blood Ravens
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6278

Malahat Mike

Re: Malahat Mike - "Twenty Years of Shame" - Nov Cultists DO

Post by Malahat Mike » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:58 am

jholtmusic wrote: Those obliterators look great and so do the cultists.

You can finish in 14 days, the vindicator and Daemon prince are assembled and primed. I painted a vindicator in September and was surprised at how it came together very quickly. Good luck on finishing soon!
Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. I've been putting along with the vindicator first. Really I want to ramp up my weathering with it and maybe go back and touch up my Rhino.

I've really enjoyed browsing through your Blood Ravens jholtmusic. I loved Dawn of War, its so cool to see that chapter given such love.

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:23 am

You can do it Mike! You've still got a weekend and a Saturday left to go. And you've been making awesome progress on this army.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

jholtmusic

Post by jholtmusic » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:23 am

Malahat Mike wrote: Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. I've been putting along with the vindicator first. Really I want to ramp up my weathering with it and maybe go back and touch up my Rhino.

I've really enjoyed browsing through your Blood Ravens jholtmusic. I loved Dawn of War, its so cool to see that chapter given such love.

I'm slowly adding weathering to my models as I play them in games. It's been a nice way to document how they fare.

I'm glad that you like the blood ravens. I'm going to continue expanding the chapter for the next HPC but I'm going to paint Grey Knights as librarians to represent the Ordo Psykana/battle librarians. I don't think it will help them on the tabletop but it will be a nice fluffy expansion.
2015 HPC Blood Ravens-Ordo Psykana(GK)/LoTD/Imperial Knight
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8048

2014 HPC Blood Ravens
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6278

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:08 am

Thanks the encouragement. I'm really trying to get these done. I basically wrapped up the vindicator. I'm no 100% happy with it. But I can't spend too long on it right now and its sufficient to stand with the rest of the army...

At the last second I thought I would try some rust using some orange paint and Devan Mud wash. Boy was I wrong. I'll come back to touch that up later.

So I just need to finish my Daemon Prince which is already well on his way. I won't waste time with progress shots. My goal is Sunday, because that's the deadline!

Malahat Mike

Re: Malahat Mike - "Twenty Years of Shame" - Nov Vindicator

Post by Malahat Mike » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Its almost too hard to believe...

That's one done Daemon Prince.

Which means my 2000 points are fully painted and operational!

Here's a quick army picture. Tomorrow I will get them in a better position when I have some day light.

Even Abaddon has shown up for the victory post.

I'd like to thank my wife for allowing me so much time to work on this, my friend Dan who keeps beating me in games and motivating me to beat him in painting and lastly all the forum goers of and the Independent Characters crew for finally getting me off my butt to get this army painted!

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”