Heresy era Word Bearers ‘The Dark Heart Disciples’

Sonneillon

Re: Heresy era Word Bearers ‘The Dark Heart Disciples’

Post by Sonneillon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:59 am

Work in progress, hopefully moving towards the look of a very worn yet still functioning artillery barrel, just waiting on a few pigments so I can add scorch marks.

Primebeef wrote:The slate on your bases, is it real slate or resin? If it's real slate, how are you attaching your miniatures to the surface of the slate?

I saw your video, love the miniatures. I was getting distracted by the reflection on the mirror finish of the rotating table. If the surface of the table was covered with a black circle, it would bring the focus back to the miniatures.
I'm using real slate (taken from the garden :D ) all minis stood on any slate are drilled and pinned using a standard pin vice and paperclips.

Thanks for the video tip, ill try it on my next one!

SlicedWatermelon

Post by SlicedWatermelon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:40 am

these are all fantastic, gotta ask do u use airbrush work or brush work, or a mix of both?

cant wait to see more, makes me wanna start a pre heresy army, maybe when the money is there :P

SlicedWatermelon

Post by SlicedWatermelon » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:06 am

sry i didnt see the post of u saying u do brush, in that cause thats amazing, cant wait to see more, i think im gonna sell some models to get the funds for a HH army, its happening :)

Tinker

Post by Tinker » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:23 am

Incredible as always. I have a couple brothers who think I paint really well but I tell them I am still a beginner. They don't believe me until I show them your stuff. Your painting is an inspiration and the speed of your progress just makes it all the more impressive. Thanks for posting on this forum.
Pedro Kantor's Forward Incursion Force HPC 2014
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6523

Sonneillon

Post by Sonneillon » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of updates, unfortunately have met with a few disasters outside the hobby this month (some toad burgled my house), so free time has been practically zero :evil:

But have just pieced together my September commitment just in time, the Recon Squad 'Olodar's Shadows' and will have an update on the medusa very shortly. Plenty of free time over September so I plan to blast through all the unfinished commitments so far :D

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Sorry to hear about your home getting burgled.

Sonneillon

Post by Sonneillon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:36 pm

SlicedWatermelon wrote:sry i didnt see the post of u saying u do brush, in that cause thats amazing, cant wait to see more, i think im gonna sell some models to get the funds for a HH army, its happening :)
Thanks for the compliment, wish I had more finished models to post, great news on starting a HH army!
Tinker wrote:Incredible as always. I have a couple brothers who think I paint really well but I tell them I am still a beginner. They don't believe me until I show them your stuff. Your painting is an inspiration and the speed of your progress just makes it all the more impressive. Thanks for posting on this forum.

Your models look great Tinker, many thanks for the comment, really helping motivate to get these minis finished.
Incarnet wrote:Sorry to hear about your home getting burgled.
A terrible experience, but the guys been caught and we've see some of our belongings returned :)

Well back in the saddle and starting to make a little progress,
Continuing to batter and weather the medusa

The Recon unit, camouflage pattern is bugging me a little, might be a little large... partly me being lazy, might be able to hide it slightly by mucking up the cloaks and adding some foliage to the minis, or I might just repaint it...

Just received the bases for the assault unit so I can finish assembling those now :D

cavalier_ava

Post by cavalier_ava » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:29 am

Holy crap... that camo pattern is insanely awesome. Seriously Sonnelion this army is legendary. Keep it up man this is one the best looking armies I've seen on the net.
Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7093

marked_by_chaos

Post by marked_by_chaos » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Looking great. Love the weathering on the medusa. Camo pattern on the recon marine is also good IMHO. Very different but suits the red armour.

Keep up the good work!

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:14 am

A beautifully done Army. I love the depth and age depicted in that Medusa. Wow.

I look forward to seeing the rest of that recon squad.

I'm sorry to hear about the burglary. We had a break in last year, I know how that feels.

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”