Cypher 226 Heresy Death Guard - Land Raider p5! 25 Sept

CrayolaSmoker

Re: Cypher 226 Heresy Death Guard - ZM complete - summary pg

Post by CrayolaSmoker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:59 am

cypher226 wrote:I'm really happy with the way the multi-stage weathering has come out on these guys.
As you should be! I also like that the bases I have the tinge of unnatural corrosion sweeping forward with the troops. Well done.

cypher226

Re: Cypher 226 Heresy Death Guard - ZM complete - summary pg

Post by cypher226 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Sooo.... It's been a lot longer than I expected it to be between updates :oops:

Real life and online photo hosting have been giving me a really hard time, so we've got two updates in one:

Vindicator completed in record time:

Really happy with it. I might go back and add some more pigment dirt on the tracks later, but for now it's complete.

Next up for September....

Destroyer squad transport. This is actually well under way and just needs a few more touch ups before I show off the finished product, but hopefully that should be Monday (bank holiday weekend here in the UK, so I have tomorrow and Monday to finish it off).

Following that, the Land Raider (October) is built (into sub assemblies):

and will be hitting the spray booth for priming tomorrow. I'd like to have him cranked out by the end of the week after next (1st week of Sept) so I can crack on with the last 7 infantry models and then get on with Mortarion :D

Thanks for looking!

cypher226

Re: Cypher 226 Heresy Death Guard - Complete Vindicator p5!

Post by cypher226 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:13 am

A couple of days later than planned (though it was finished on Sunday....)

It needs a little more touch-up on the icon on the top hatch, but it'll do :mrgreen:

Next up; fix the warping on the land raider door, cover the back of the vents in the outer hull of same, and mount the sub-assemblies for priming.....
pics to follow, but progress is likely to be slow on this due to upcoming family commitments - I have to finish it ASAP though due to going on the Geek Nation Japan tour in October!

Still, only 1 tank and 7 infantry to finish (technically only 6 infantry for the army list) isn't bad at this stage, time to start thinking about next year's comp :shock: :lol:

learza

Re: Cypher 226 Heresy Death Guard - Complete Rhino p5! 27 Au

Post by learza » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:48 am

love the distress look of the rhino the army looks fantastic, for the plague father.
Dark eldar Kabal, Dark Angels, Chaos Space Marines. Red scorpions

cypher226

Re: Cypher 226 Heresy Death Guard - Complete Rhino p5! 27 Au

Post by cypher226 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Again, long time between updates :oops:

aaand..... behold, Charon's Chariot (Charons Currum, in High Gothic :) )
done! :D

and my favourite:

Next up for November:

The remaining infantry. Back row, left to right - Consul (champion), 2x Apothecaries, Librarian. Front row - 3x Deathshroud

cypher226

Re: Cypher 226 Heresy Death Guard - Land Raider p5! 25 Sept

Post by cypher226 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:51 pm

And the army's done, at last! Image

November, and 2000 poibts, complete :-D first fully completed army i've had in probably over a decade, so big thanks to the IC's and all the great work from others here for inspiring me :-D. It was a bit of a slog to get the last Deathshroud finished, but they look great :-) full army shot and month-by month to follow over the weekend. This has been a great way to stay focused on the project and get the army done and I'm already wondering if there's going to be a theme for next years' comp? I've got a 1000 points of Mechanicum sitting waiting to be painted you see :twisted:

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”