Hi2you2's Iron Warriors Warband

Hi2you2

Re: Hi2you2's Iron Warriors Warband

Post by Hi2you2 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Yea, sorry. I've been busy over the past few days and haven't had much of a chance to post anything.

Onto the second half of the challenge!

My second 1,000 points are as follows:

Maulerfiend w/ Magma Cutters

Heldrake w/ Baleflamer

3 Bikers w/ Plasma Gun, Flamer, and a Power Sword

5 Raptors w/ a pair of Lighting Claws and 2 Plasma Pistols4

5 Terminators (one was done earlier in the year) w/ 3 Chainfists, a power fist, a power sword, a combi- Melta, Flamer, and Plasma, as well as a Reaper Autocannon.

3 obliterators

I will also be throwing in extra things over the year since I discovered the rate of which i can get things painted. These will be mainly from my DV set.

For July,
I will be doing the other four Terminators as well as my Helbrute over the next week or two depending on how things play out. I anticipate having them done by Monday, but some major complications have recently popped up that I may have to tend to. It shouldn't put up much of a delay. I would think about a week tops. Anyway, some pictures.

The Terminators and their buddy,

and the champion in case if anybody missed the previous posts

As you may be able to see, the Helbrute allready has some paint on him. The reason why im doing him now is because he's no-where near up to my standard table-top code anymore, and I use him quite often. I need to get him up to speed with everything else. I'll be starting on these soon, and I'll try to remember to put up some progress pics on the way there. I'll see you all soon!

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Hello all,

It's the end of the month, and you all know what that means. It's picture time! As was mentioned earlier, I was working on some Terminators and a Helbrute. I finished them, and they actually turned out quite nice. The Helbrute looks amazing compared to what it used to look like, and I threw in all sorts of extra details to make it look cooler. I also figured out how to make things look like they have scratches on them just by using paint. I did it all over the place on the Helbrute using what looked like scratches as guidelines, and I'm pretty confident I can do it freehand now. Without further ado, here is what they now look like.

A little side note, one of the Terminators broke off their base. It is still off in the picture, but I have to make a rock for him to stand on before I can do anything. I can't super-glue him on for fear of frosting, and he is coming off that base very easily if I epoxy him on. I'll fix him later on when I start making bases.

All together!

That's it for this month. I'm still debating what I want to do as far as August goes, but I will have pictures posted up on the first of August. Ill see you all then!

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:39 am

Hey everyone

I've decided what I'm going to do for this month. I wanted to do something actually big this time, I'm getting a bit wore out on infantry units. I decided that I'm gonna do a Maulerfiend for this month. There's something else I'm going to throw into there as well. I have a predator that I use in almost every match that I play, and It's starting to look really out of place with everything else being painted to a much higher level. Now I am not guaranteeing that this will be done by the end of the month, it is a bit much. If i need to drop it to get more time for the Maulerfiend then I will end up dropping it. If that happens, I'll continue to work on it next month as well.

Here's the commitment picture

I was going to decorate the predator a bit before I started painting it, and I ended up putting on proper chaos smoke launchers, an extra chaos star, and some hooks on the back of the thing (you can kind of see one in this next photo).

Here's what it looks like now

The picture quality is on the worse side, but you guys can see the extras. I'll try to get some progress pictures up in the meantime. I'll see you guys later!

Tuatara

Post by Tuatara » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:38 am

I know what you mean. It's funny how after you've done some of your HPC, you start looking at other stuff and want to bring it up to standard. I had that with a Landraider. I bought it already painted and at the time thought "This looks pretty cool". Now I've gone and repainted it as well.

Your army is looking really cool dude.
My HPC2014 progress: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6304&p=68414#p68414
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Yea, I have that problem with most of the stuff I own now. I just look at it and want to put fresh paint on it all. I'm slowly getting there, at this point it's just a bit of infantry and some tanks. I'm taking care to not touch my first models though, as those are more of a treasure than anything. Everything else is fair game though. Thanks for the compliment too.

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello everyone!

I have officially finished my Predator and my Maulerfiend. I think they both came out really cool looking. The predator definitely looks a lot better than it used to. The Maulerfiend is also pretty pretty sweet, but on this I decided to try and learn a technique to give it an extra "glow" to is. I tried some object source lighting on the vents, on the neck, and on the stomach. It's not the greatest (this is my first time attempting something of this style), but I was able to get it to look good enough where it seems like I didn't just slop a bunch of paint on him. There is a problem with the predator, they sponson arms broke in half. right now, I have a temporary fix of just a rough green-stuffing. I'll work on that later on when I'm actually trying to work with green stuff. It isn't the greatest, but it'll do for right now.

Here they are (The brush under the maulerfiend is just to hold him up. He isnt glued to his base because i still need to make him one)

The Maulerfiend

and the Predator

I'll be back later to post up September commitment pics. Next moth will be my Raptors and my Bikers. I'll see you all soon!

Tuatara

Post by Tuatara » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Very nice old bean. The grey highlights in the black really help it pop.
My HPC2014 progress: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6304&p=68414#p68414
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:36 am

Thanks man. First time trying it on hazard stripes, i think it works quite nice.

Late start on September sadly, but school is really beginning to pile up. Thankfully, next week is the "Homecoming" week, and much doesn't really go on then. I'm hoping o get a lot done then to compensate for the loss of time. As for my commitment this month, I am going to do a two part commitment this month again, but with both units going to the actual challenge. September is going to be the month of Bikers and Raptors.

The commitment pic

I'll be trying to post pics as I go. I'll see you all later!

SRM

Post by SRM » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:58 pm

The combination of old models, new models, copious caution stripes and an overall really high quality of painting make this thread a joy to read through. Keep up the good work!
Check out my Youtube channel!

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks SRM, will do.

This is a late post, it was actually supposed to go up yesterday. You can probably tell by the commitment pic dates.

The first half of September was a success! I finished the Raptors around the time I thought I would given my week-late start, and then I realized i didn't have the time left to be able to do the bikers. With that in mind, I am going to change my commitment. instead of Bikers, I will be doing bases for the entire army from yesterday to Saturday morning. I'l; be entering some models into a local painting competition, so I need to get them based by then. Anyways, here's some pictures of the recent work.

The finished Raptors

Most of the bases

And the rest of the bases

Progress on the bases is moving quite fast because there's not a lot to them. I will hopeully have finished pictures up by Saturday afternoon, if not Sunday morning. I'll see you all then!

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”