Hi2you2's Iron Warriors Warband

Hi2you2

Re: Hi2you2's Iron Warriors Warband

Post by Hi2you2 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 pm

So April is done! yay! :D

So as i have promised i did some big-gun loving Iron Warriors (what would an IW army be without them?), and have painted them up to a pretty likable level for me. These are older models, but I am absolutely in love with them. Each one is full of character and has some extra attributes to go with their gun. I have a sword or combat knife modeled onto each of them, since the new rules I can give them a pistol AND and close combat weapon as well as their big gun, so they have the power of a ten man squad in normal CC, and a fifteen man on the charge. I'm probably never gonna take the charge though, I'd just rather shoot.

Here they are!

and here's one of the coolest features of them

I just love how they have the unique backpacks to fit with their gun, it just adds so much to it. The lightning rod looking thing for the lascannon, a bunch of extra bullets for the guns with bullets, and some rockets and grenades just chained to the rocket guy. I tried to add extra chains and trophies to all the guns just to make them look cooler, and it worked really well. I know these pictures aren't that great, but I can take some better ones if you guys want.

So onto May.

May will be my last actual month of painting models for this half of the challenge (June will be basing), and I'm just going to paint some good ol' space marines with boltguns. nothing special. I should have a picture up by Sunday of them ready to go. I still have to build the guys.

I'll see ya'll soon!

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Hey everyone, I'm back.

So as I said, I'm going to be painting ten Chaos Space Marines for this month, and I've decided to throw in a bonus monster as well. It's not exactly included in the list, but it could possibly pop into an army by my Warsmith rolling a 65-66 on a certain chart, so it's pretty much a must have in any sort of chaos army. If you haven't guessed what it is it's a Daemon Prince. I'm also going to be throwing in some Spawns later in the year, i'm not exactly sure when though. Here's some pictures.

The marines.

Their guns, which I glued to a piece of sprue for painting purposes.

Here are some smaller group pics, just to get a better close up.

I also took an attempt on making a guy with an autocannon, and it turned out pretty well. All it is is a guardsmen autocannon from a heavy weapon team slapped onto the arms of a heavy bolter guy.

The Daemon Prince is the old metal kit back from the 90's that I got from my dad a couple years ago. It was painted at one point, but i didn't like the quality of my paint job at all, so I just re-primed it, and i'm gonna do it over again to fit in with the HPC stuff. I also extended the head Mohawk looking thing farther back, so this way it doesn't just cut off at a random point like it did. now it just goes all the way to the wire on his neck.

Sorry about the crappy Daemon Prince resolution, but that's about it for this month. I'll try to post some progress pictures up during this month as well. I'll see you all soon!

Tuatara

Post by Tuatara » Sun May 18, 2014 3:50 pm

They are looking great man. You're right about the individualised back packs. It adds character.
My HPC2014 progress: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6304&p=68414#p68414
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks Tuatara.

So I have to make an alteration to my original May commitment, I'm going to have to make it so the second half of the squad will be done in the start of June. So the May commitment will now be known as the May/June commitment. Basing will also be in June as well. This is because of me getting a late start because of school. Last week was ECA week, and this week is finals week. I just don't have the time to do anything, but after this week i'll be back on top of things since I'll be out of school. Ill have some sort of progression pictures up as soon as I can. I'll see you all soon!

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm back and on track! I now have Iron Warriors and a Daemon Prince all painted up and ready to go. I took quite a few pictures just to show off some specific details and to give you guys a better look at each warrior. I picked up the Iron Hands kit to personalize these guys a bit more and to give them some extra details, and I think that was a good decision. For those who actually paint IW or any other tech-affiliated CSM or SM chapters, if you get the chance you should pick up the kit. There is a slight bit of scratching and filing to rid the arms of those "holy" aquilas, but it's pretty short and sweet work. There is so many cool details on the extra bits, and you get a couple spare sets of legs for you to make extra guys for whatever reason.

Here they are all together

Here they are in small groups

And for the Prince

I also tried to make the sword have a fiery look to it

That's it for this week, next week are these guys.

I'll see you all soon!

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Allright, I'm back.

I got the other five guys from the squad done, and I threw in another extra. just to see if I can accomodate extras and still keep on track. I threw in another Dreadnaught.

Here's the main show

and here's the Dreadnaught

So that little bit should've been posted weeks ago. Let's move onto the newer news.

As I had said, the other half of June was going to be basing. Well, that was pretty much what happened. I took a different approach this time and used cork as rocks, and made them look like they're floating around in lava. I think most of it came out well, especially since this is my first time tackling basing this way. There are definitely problems here and there, but they will get worked on throughout the year. I also decided to throw my Helbrute on a new base as well. He isn't done, and i will be finishing him later in the year. as well as the rest of my DV set.

Pictures of it all

I tried have a bit of fun with this shot and get it to look like it was from a Guardsmens point of view

So with everything done, I can now call my first half of the challenge done. :mrgreen:

Tuatara

Post by Tuatara » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Well done old bean. Nice looking army.
My HPC2014 progress: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6304&p=68414#p68414
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks man. The support helps a lot.

GrinnialVex

Post by GrinnialVex » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Nice job, I'm very proud of you! :mrgreen:

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:41 pm

Well played! Good on you for getting back on the horse and putting out some great work. Now, about July....? :)

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”