Hi2you2's Iron Warriors Warband

Hi2you2

Re: Hi2you2's Iron Warriors Warband

Post by Hi2you2 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Hello everyone!

I managed to finish the bases on time. the blending took a lot more work this time around than I thought it was going to. All in all the results look really good. Most of the bases this time around are just the complete lava pool style ones, rather than the lava streak style. I'm actually starting to get the hang of how to make the colors actually look full, rather than the half there results I got last time around. I am going to leave all of the models off for right now until the end of next month. Epoxy application is rather difficult, and I just want to get it all done in one go. Next month I should have everything done besides the Heldrake, so I'll do it then. Here's some pictures.

All the bases

Next month I will be working on Bikers and Obliterators. I'm going to spend the first week or two fixing all the problems with the resin on the entire group, and there's a ton of problems. I will be getting commitment pics up soon, so I'll see you all then.

Tuatara

Post by Tuatara » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Those bases are looking sweet. The yellow will tie in very nicely with the models.
My HPC2014 progress: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6304&p=68414#p68414
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Hello everybody!

A bit of a late start, but it's better than not starting at all. So this month I will be doing Obliterators and Bikers for my challenge commitment. The Bikers are built, and the Obliterators are built for the most part. They need a couple pieces added on, as well as some sculpting work. Here's some pictures.

I will have pics of these guys up soon, so I'll see you all then!

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Those are looking pretty good. The oblits in finecast must be a life saver on the back. My buddy has 9 of the metal ones and they could be used in a trebuchet to knock down a castle.

The bases look really neat and the army looks like it's really coming together!
    Paint for the Paint God!!
    Brushes for his Throne!!
    Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks Gigantor.
    As the month draws to an end, sadly the realization comes to me that I am extremely far behind. I am about halfway done with the Obliterators, and i started on one of the bikes. Not a lot of progress was able to happen last month due to pile up work coming from school. I am working on trying to get things done as fast as a can, but with also keeping them looking good. Hopefully i should be done with the Obliterators before the end of next week, and bikers soon after that. After bikes are done, I will begin working on the Heldrake. It's the last month, let's see if I can pull it off.

SavageMan23

Post by SavageMan23 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:42 am

Hang in there and keep at it. Looking forward to seeing those bikes and Oblits done. I know how life can get in the way.
    Iron Warriors-'14 Hobby Challenge
    viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6519
    Battle Report
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7426

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Yea, thanks savage. Things come up, and setbacks happen, but there is always the hope of pushing through.

That being said, I did manage to finish my Obliterators! Hopefully with a good streak of little-to-no homework days I can get these bikes done around Sunday. That's only a hope though, but we will see what happens. Here's some after pics of the Obliterators.

I did happen to epoxy all the models onto bases after I discovered how I can't really paint small models without the bases to hold onto. I'll see you all soon!

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:34 am

Now there is some good looking Oblits. :)

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello everybody!

So it looks like it's the final week (besides Monday) of the HPC 2014. I have no idea if I'm going to finish or not, at this point it's a 50/50 chance. I'm going in for a big push to the end though, so hopes for success are high. For this final week, all that's left for me to paint up is my Heldrake. Thankfully, it's allready built. Sadly, i didn't think about painting under the wings, or even painting the wings themselves. i was able to pull off two of the wing panels on each arm, but not the other two, and that's gonna make painting the model a whole lot harder. I am planning on having him done hopefully Sunday, and latest Monday night. Back to the bikers, I did finish them. I think the models are pretty cool, being ruthless space marines on armored motorcycles with guns and whatnot. Anyways, here's some pictures of them.

And here is the final commitment picture

This is it, the final push to get it all done. I'll see you guys all soon! good luck to all you who are trying to finish up!

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:15 am

Well, The month draws to an end, as well as the challenge.

I didn't end up finishing. This was a good run though, and I did actually happen to get painted more than what I had set my goal for. With all the extra junk that I had painted (2 Dreads, tank, prince) I actually came out to over 2,000 points at the end of the year, which I am pretty happy about anyway. I want to say thanks to the IC cast for putting on this challenge, as it has got me an almost entirely painted army. I also want to thank the various people who provided bits of motivation throughout the year (Loopy included). Well, it was fun, and I'll see all you guys later!

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”