Re: Tuatara and his Iron Warriors - October completed

Tuatara

Re: Tuatara and his Iron Warriors - June done

Post by Tuatara » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:19 am

OK then, second half of the list. I have a list that is subject to change at this stage, because I need to get permission from 'er indoors (some of our older Brits may get that reference):

Heavy Support - Chaos Predator with Lascannon and Lascannon Sponsons. This is my July commitment, photo earlier in this thread.

Heavy Support - Chaos Landraider. This is one I purchased second hand, but need to strip back and repaint because it is a hell of a mess. - August

Elite - 5 x Possessed. I understand they are not very well regarded, but I love the models. - August

Fast Attack - 6 x Chaos Bikers, Mark of Khorne and one flamer on one of the guys. - September

Fast Attack - Helldrake with Bale Flamer. - October

Fast Attack - Helldrake with Hades Autocannon - November

The last three may be swapped out for a few different items, depending on finances. I have a Daemon Prince that I want to pull apart and use wings, arms and head to convert a Daemon Prince out of a Hellbrute. I also have another unit of CSM that I need to paint up, so they may come in as well. Hope that is OK with the rules.
My HPC2014 progress: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6304&p=68414#p68414
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Tuatara

Re: Tuatara and his Iron Warriors - July done

Post by Tuatara » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Here is the predator completed. I am terrible at lenses, so please be gentle with me :)

Will upload August pic of bikes later on today.
Attachments
Predator.jpg
Predator.jpg (336.75 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:36 pm

I think the lenses look good. Maybe just need a red wash and gloss varnish to complete the effwct. And those hazard stripes look awesome. How did you get them so straight? Also, tye verdigris really adds a lot to the model. Just that little detail that made me stop and double take.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

Tuatara

Post by Tuatara » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Thanks for that. I'll do what you suggest about the lenses. Much appreciated. As for the hazard stripes? Masking tape. And the verdigris, the GW technical paints are a great addition to the range.

Anywho folks, here is my August commitment. 6 Chaos bikes. 2 will have metaguns and the Champion with have a Chainfist (which looks disturbingly like a powerfist at this stage, but I need to modify it). Also looking to give him a combi-melta (guess what this squads job is). They will also have the Mark of Khorne.
Attachments
August II.jpg
August II.jpg (260.06 KiB) Viewed 1933 times

SavageMan23

Post by SavageMan23 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:18 am

Looking great! I love the bases! They really tie in well with the hazard stripes. Keep up the great work and keep them coming! Iron sharpens Iron!
Iron Warriors-'14 Hobby Challenge
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6519
Battle Report
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7426

Hi2you2

Post by Hi2you2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:48 pm

The predator really good. I never thought of putting stripes on the front tread housing like that. It adds a nice accent to it. I may have to try that.

Tuatara

Re: Tuatara and his Iron Warriors - August missed

Post by Tuatara » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:47 am

Well, that's a shame. So busy with other things, have not completed my August commitment. Will work through and post them up when done. Good news though, got my hands on 2 second-hand Helldrakes and 5 Chaos Terminators. Picking them up next weekend and will have the repainting of the terminators as my September commitment. Then will do both, yes both, Helldrakes for October as my wife and I head off for a month long vacation to Europe and Canada in November. So I need to finish the challenge before then.

Tuatara

Re: Tuatara and his Iron Warriors - August completed late

Post by Tuatara » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:59 am

Finally got the bikes done. First pic is an overall shot. Second one is the powerfist converted to a chain fist.

Picking up the Helldrakes on the weekend. Have my work cut out for me to complete them in September, but let's see how that goes. Will post pic after the weekend.
Attachments
August complete sm.jpg
August complete sm.jpg (209.51 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
chainfist small.jpg
chainfist small.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

CptWombat

Post by CptWombat » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Bikes look awesome. I might have to steal your idea for a chain fist. I like that. Also your basing choice was really good for this army.
Sect de San'Oun - Thousand Sons Warband
My HPC2014 progress: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6552
My HPC2015 progress: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8042

Tuatara

Post by Tuatara » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:48 am

Thanks man. I saw the bases at Secret Weapon Miniatures and just knew they would be the right ones.

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”