Twizted86 - XII Legion World Eaters

RichMarine

Re: Twizted86 - XII Legion World Eaters

Post by RichMarine » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:02 pm

No wonder the world eaters turned to chaos! They were sick of trying to get gore and brain matter off that white paint job. Excellent work on these dude.

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Yea, the white has not been easy, but I've come up with a system that works for me. That's why I've been avoiding doing the blood, and messing it up.

Here's Kharn, Ive really enjoyed painting this model and have been trying to take my time to do it right. I ran into a snag last night though when I lost Cutter. I'm going to have to see if I can ebay an extra I guess. I also may go back to do additional highlights but I'm call in it done. This will complete the first part of the challenge, finish in my Zone Mortalis attacker force. I'll get an army picture up soon. Let me know what you think!

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:42 pm

Alright, I was finally able to get a full army shot for the first half of the Challenge. Here is my 1,000 point Zone Mortalis Attacker Force. I'm really liking how it turned out, still haven't committed to blood effects but maybe someday. My only problem now is the next half will be void of any World Eater specific units to keep my interest. Hopefully Forge World will hurry up with the World Eater upgrade kits though so I can decide on my troops choices. Let me know what you think of Army. I'm still open to suggestions or criticisms. I'm always looking to improve.

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 pm

So I am still a little undecided on my next 1,000 points but I want to get a list together that at least gives me some direction so here is the list I will start with.

2 Apothecaries - Artificer Armour, Augury Scanners 120

1 extra Red Butcher - Dual Power Axes 45

14 Tactical Marines - Chain Axes, Legion Vexilla
1 Sergeant - Artificer Armour, Power Fist 263

14 Tactical Marines - Legion Vexilla
1 Sergeant - Artificer Armour, Power Axe, Melta Bombs 235

Spartan Assault Tank - Flare Sheild, Armoured Ceramite, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, Quad Lascannons 340

This total will come out 1003 points.

This will alter my Zone Mortalis force in the following ways.

The Rampager Squads from the first half of the challenge will get combined to go in Fast Attack. Due to this one of the Power Fist Sergeants will go on to lead one of the Tactical Squads. This will not effect my total points painted because I went over points on both halves of the Challenge. Also the 1 Red Butcher in this half will be attached to the squad from the first half. I'll try to do a full list write up in the next couple days. In the mean time here is my commitment for May. 2 Apothecaries and 1 Red Butcher

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Looking really nice all together like that and with the bases on. Your Kharn looks so ANGRY!!!! Great work!

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:55 am

Thank you, this is my first time doing something other than just sand on the bases. It really helps to bring them together. I wanted to put these up they are my June commitment but I will probably be working on them this month as well. I'm actually changing my list already. I decided I want to do Mk III armour on my tacticals to go with the World Eater upgrades thay were previewed. So these 5 despoilers will be split up to fill out my Rampager squads. I'll post up a final list soon.

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:39 pm

So I cut it way to close this month. I think I took for granted that it was only 3 models. Well luckily I was able to finish just in time. Let me know what you think. This is my last Red Butcher and my 2 apothecaries.

RichMarine

Post by RichMarine » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 am

Excellent progress on this mate.

But, I have one criticism. Why are you painting white from a black base coat? I once painted a model revel titanic from black and it killed me.

It must have taken you an age to get the white that glorious on these minis. Do you water down the white and "float" it on?

Personally I would base coat them grey or white and wash with a watered down grey black. And then tidy up with white.

The brass is great and glad to see all MkII armour too. Makes the original angry marines look more angry.
Last edited by RichMarine on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:55 am

Thanks for the compiments! Most of the first 1,000 points were primed in gray army builder primer, however I really wasnt a fan of that brand so ended up buying another can of the GW stuff until I can find another gray. I end up doing a lot of layers of gray building up to Ulthaun Gray which ends up being just about white, and do some final highlight with whatever the new white is called.

cypher226

Post by cypher226 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:36 am

That's an amazing looking 1000 points.

I still love the wrecking ball on the dread :mrgreen:

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”