Twizted86 - XII Legion World Eaters

Twizted86

Re: Twizted86 - XII Legion World Eaters

Post by Twizted86 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed chaining up his wrecking ball and felt it helped tie him into the gladiator theme.

Here is my June commitment. 5 Despoilers to finish off my Rampager squads. I ran into some funding problems, so am waiting for another shipment from Forge World so I can keep going. Hopefully it won't take too long this time. I had to alter my list a little again but will have it reposted before the end of the month.

My wife and I are also expecting a baby any day now so we'll see how much hobby time I get these next few months. Cross your fingers! !

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:42 am

I'm back with my updated army list. This is the list that will follow me to the end of the challenge. Due to a few constraints I needed to make a few changes to ensure I would make it to the end and have a fully legal army. Right now I just need to make the order for my 2 troops choices.

30k World Eaters

Kharn the Bloody 170

6 Red Butchers- 5 with dual power Axes. Champion with dual Chainfists 340

2 Apothecaries -both with Artificer Armour 110

Contemptor Dreadnought - Dual close combat weapons w/ Heavy Flamers 195

14 Tactical Marines - Vexilla, Nuncio Vox, additional close combat weapons. Sergeant with Artificer Armour, Excorcoriator Chainaxe 263

15 Tactical Marines - Vexilla, Nuncio Vox, additional close combat weapons. Sergeant with Artificer Armour, Excorcoriator Chainaxe 275

7 Rampagers - 2 Excoriator Chainaxes, 2 Twin Falax Blades. Sergeant - Artificer Armour, Power Fist 230

8 Rampagers - 4 Meteor Hammers. Sergeant - Artificer Armour, Power Fist 250

Sicarian Battle Tank - Lascannons 175

Total 2008 points

I'll probably go a little over this points value too because I am ordering the 30 Marine set from Forge World I just can't seem to squeeze in the extra Marines in the point limit. Also here is another photo of my first 1,000 point Zone Mortalis Attacker Force with a date card. I'm working on my picture taking but it still seems to be struggling. Also, please let me know if there is anything else I have missed! Thanks!

Tuatara

Post by Tuatara » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:42 am

Very nice looking army. Love the dynamic poses on them. Really individualises them.
My HPC2014 progress: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6304&p=68414#p68414
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Thank you! I was able to knock out the Sicarian Battle Tank this month. I'm really excited how this ended up turning out. I was able to pick up some Vallejo Model Air and it has completely changed my relationship with my airbrush. I went out of my comfort zone by doing the weathering. I tried out some sponging for chips and some Secret Weapon Weathering Powder and I think it went well. I may go back to add some more details that have been suggested to me as well.

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:03 pm

So I know I said I wasn't going to change my liat again but it's Ben kibd of a rough month and I wasn't able ro order my next challenge yet. So it looks like I will spend August weathering and individualizing my current models.

My list change will be to drop the tactical squads to 10 Marines and then add a Dreadclaw Drop Pod. I'll post up some photos when I get my order in!!

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Ok so i don't know if I'm still technically in the challenge because of my month break but I still plan on finishing my army as long as it all works out. Here is my September commitment. I'm excited to get this painted. It was a fairly easy build with some cutting of the normal drop pod doors. I'm thinking of using this to drop the Contemptor into a better CC range. So if I ever get a game in I'll give it a try.

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:29 pm

Before I forget again, I also wanted to post a before photo of the start of my Breacher Squad. I hear they aren't the best in game choice but they look to cool not to have!

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:03 pm

So it looks like I'm going to have to drop out. As much as I wanted to finish this army, it just isn't in the cards right now. It's been a rough couple months but I've managed to keep up until recently. I was supposed to finish my Dreadclaw but just couldn't find the motivation to put into it. So I spent a little each night working on my Breachers but even then I don't have enough for a full unit. I am, at least, pretty happy with how they turned out and tried to do the white with an air brush at different angles to create a more worn effect. Not perfect but with a little more practice I think I can get there. I'll probably still update this on occasion and when I finish the Dreadclaw, this army is still going to get done, I'm just not yet sure when.

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:02 pm

So I did promise to keep updating so here is my Dreadclaw. I had a hard time getting the motivation to finish this but now that it is I am pretty happy with it. I still need to figure out how to shade and add depth to flat panels and vehicles, so I'm open to suggestions. This will be my last update because I have run out of models for my Heresy army. Funds didn't allow for my final purchases so I am short on finishing the challenge. I don't have full troop choices to male this a legal army but sometime in the future I would like to finish this. Thanks for running this challenge it has truly been great.

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”