Look on my awful photo skills, ye Mighty, and despair!
(Seriously, I've got to figure out the lighting situation.)
First up we have five pasty fellows, largely "done." I say "done" because I am still sorting out the basing situation, and frankly, there are always details to be picked out.
Say "grilled cheese."
I am going with a basically green basecoat, but appropriately chaotically variable. The green is a mix that varies from model to model, but I am hoping the effect lends variety as well as a common structure. Then I let a wash do its work. For these I used multiple washes of Typhus Corrosion, Devlan Mud, and whatever else I had within reach.
I decided to do the trim in brass. It might still be too shiny. Some of the new verdigris effects paint might be in my future.
These fellows are next up. Maybe you can see the differences in the basecoats.
I've got a powerfist guy in there that uses the classic metal Plague Marine body and a new plastic powerfist and shoulder pads. For, you know, chaos.
Also included in the shot are the three paints I used for the basecoating.
Plagues and butter tarts, for all!