Dude I love your Death Guard they look frickin awesome
, one of the reasons I've started my own Death Guard army. Could you give a guide of how you painted them as everytime I've tried to sit down and paint my own they just don't look how I hoped they would.
P.S the grave wardens look awesome
Awesome, thanks! Anything I can do to get more death guard out there! For my guys I do the following...
1. prime black (I use krylon flat black camouflage spar)
2. Then I hit them with tan krylon camo paint at a 45 degree angle to create some simple shading.
3. Wash with agrax earth shade
4. dry brush bleach bone...I don't know what the "new" GW equivalent of this is...I haven't had to replace it it.
5. dry brush up to long beard grey...usually after step 4 I dry brush 1-2 other light grey colors... I've used a couple of variations of this but most recently have been using ulthuan grey and then long beard grey. You will need to do a few passes (very lightly) of each color.
thats it! It's super simple. I have played around with some extra steps with washing sepharim sepia to get a more brown-white look but haven't been as happy as I am with the grey-white.
I will add that for my vehicles and grave wardens I airbrushed them instead of dry brushing them...but honestly the results are the same. If you do have an airbrush and a bunch of guys the airbrush is the way to go. After step 3 I airbrush on 3 different white/greys each at a higher angle to create more shading. I use vallejo air USAF light grey then white grey and finally just a "spritz" of pure white from directly on top of the model. Hope this helps.
Malahat Mike wrote:
Hmmm... Though the Sicarran doesn't have any direct rules for 40K CSM (unlike the Spartan or Fire Raptor) I suppose there's nothing really stopping my army from having one. I've really liked it but I always assume it was hands off for my army. Overall the 30K stuff just makes the 40K Chaos stuff seem silly. Mark 2-4 and those Termies: very sexy. Oye I'm getting hot under the collar.
My plan was for the Spartan to become Abaddon's personal chariot with a load of his upgrade Termies retinue. Mostly just for fun/big games.
Thats how I started...at first I just wanted to make different, cooler looking CSM, but with all the awesome models I just got sucked in. Now I just follow the rule of cool, if the model looks neat I'm going to get one and paint it up.