So, I skipped the progression pic and have the finished product.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368258396.395234.jpg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368258457.763756.jpg (65.73 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368258527.594384.jpg (58.95 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
While the progression pic are interesting I'm not sure they really provide enough additional value after the first set, especially now that I'm going to be starting the more horde parts of the army. Maybe I'll do more when I work on extras. There's always more to work on.
So I have the Mordian Blue is on. I spilled my Ultramarine Blue so I have to try something different. Teclis Blue on the heads. Some of the Gargoyles already have their arms on and I've got the Teclis on the hands and lower arms.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368402782.660580.jpg (86.76 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368402831.997041.jpg (69.3 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
I put some Teclis on some of the wings and bodies while working on the heads before periodic brush cleanings as well.
The completed arms and weapons were my test pieces I think.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368403251.716193.jpg (88.59 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368847514.063798.jpg (77.86 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368847659.910080.jpg (53.79 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368847678.453541.jpg (58.65 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
I'm thinking about a wash of Badab Black. The new paints seem to behave differently. I'm far enough ahead that I can just strip everything if I can make it work but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. I can't seem to get the dry-brushing layers right. It could be my brushes, but I don't think so. We'll see soon enough.