ServvsUmbrarum - Hive Fleet Defaeco

ServvsUmbrarum

Re: ServvsUmbrarum - Hive Fleet Defaeco

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 am

October Goal: Deathleaper

I originally had 2 Zoanthropes in my army (and still do) but I forgot I painted them a few months early. So, I added a Deathleaper to paint instead since I have him laying about.

Prepainted Picture:

ServvsUmbrarum

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:53 am

mmmd wrote:Nice fast and effective color scheme. Like you said, why should the hive mind use striking colors for hunting. Except maybe they cannot reproduce certain materials in different colors than they originally were or they see in a different light spectral range and don't even know what the fuss is about ^^. But still they look pretty nice and you are finishing your army;).
I don't mind that if someone looks at this army closely they notice that it just isn't painted all that well. Maybe one day I'll strip them all and redo them but ultimately, after playing 40k for about 2 years and still not having a completely painted army I needed to do something.

My Blood Ravens are the army I paint slowly. I am looking forward to getting them started as well. I've been thinking of holding off painting them till next year's challenge but I might use that year as an excuse to do SoB or Eldar.

ServvsUmbrarum

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:08 am

October: Deathleaper *Completed*

Not much to say here. He's all done. If you look at the overall theme of my army Deathleaper is the only model in my army that has actual structural remnants. My idea is that he's behind enemy lines where there might still be structures that the hive fleet hasn't consumed yet.

Painted Picture:
Last edited by ServvsUmbrarum on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cicero

Post by cicero » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:36 am

Good work. Keep it coming!

For all that you claim that your painting is "lazy" I think your chitin is actually beautifully done. And you have developed your own technique for creating a unique look which is impressive for a beginner.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

ServvsUmbrarum

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:10 pm

November Goal: Malanthrope

Well I'm actually done with my army but I need something to do for November (aside from finishing up the eyes and tongues of the previous models). So, once again I grabbed one of the models in my bin and decided to do this guy. He's a dirt cheap (by Tyranid standards) HQ that can even be fielded in squads of up to 3 but overall he's kind of 'meh' I'd rather have a Tervigon, Parasite or Swarmlord for an HQ. But I need something to paint and he beats painting rippers.

Prepainted Picture:

ServvsUmbrarum

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:21 pm

cicero wrote:Good work. Keep it coming!

For all that you claim that your painting is "lazy" I think your chitin is actually beautifully done. And you have developed your own technique for creating a unique look which is impressive for a beginner.
I was actually worried about that for a bit but I started to notice that about half the armies I play against are not painted and heavily proxied / poorly assembled. So, I take pride in my fully painted army.

If that doesn't help; their forces will still be biomass for my Hive Fleet :mrgreen:

ServvsUmbrarum

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:57 pm

November: Malanthrope *Completed*

Like I said, don't really intend to field this guy much but I needed something to do for November.

Painted Picture:

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Wow. That thing looks so realistic. It reminds me of a crustacean. Nice work.

ServvsUmbrarum

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Loopy wrote:Wow. That thing looks so realistic. It reminds me of a crustacean. Nice work.
I appreciate the praise. The color scheme I use tries to focus on how these creatures would look like in real life instead of the ultra colorful schemes mostly seen. And yes, he's an amazing model, shame he's so lack luster in statistics.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Eee-hee--eewwwwww that thing is awesome looking but I'm pretty sure I would try and step on it if I came across it in a dark alley. Congrats on finishing the army!
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Return to “Tyranids”