Cicero - Tau Empire ++CHALLENGE COMPLETED++

cicero

Re: Cicero - Tau Empire ++September Done++

Post by cicero » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Also, a homemade vengeance weapons battery. I will probably work this into the list.

2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

cicero

Re: Cicero - Tau Empire ++October Commitment - Riptide WIP++

Post by cicero » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Hey Guys,

Been pretty busy, but an hour here or there and an evening with the airbrush have made some progress. To prove I have been busy here's a picture of me and my girlfriend riding an elephant.

Riptide is slow but steady. This model turns out to be pretty big...

Let me know what you think of the shield, and please chime in with suggestions of what other areas could benifit from some blue accents.

October's commitment to be a devilfish APC.

cicero

Post by cicero » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

Disaster! Went overboard on the dark brown last night not happy with how the riptide turned out. Hopefully get a chance to fix it, otherwise it is back to base coat...

Wish me luck!

mmmd

Post by mmmd » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:26 am

Show disaster pics! To help us forget our own!
HPC 2014: Tyranids again - february done
Join the ICs irc-channel!

cicero

Post by cicero » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:12 pm

mmmd wrote:Show disaster pics! To help us forget our own!

It looks like he lost a mudfight with a carnifex... :cry:

My still unfamiliar airbrush aquired a weird clot that... well, "farted" out all at once. Hopefully I can get it working again and go back in with the base colour.

[EDIT - While posting this I also snapped the pin that holds his upper body. I am going to put him away now...]

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:21 am

:o Oh noes!

LOVE the shield. That is so cool! I think it might benefit from a tad brighter top highlight as it looks as though it is meant to be crackling energy shield kinda thing. But yeah. Awesome pattern and freehanding. =)
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

cicero

Post by cicero » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Ok, got the airbrush working better and managed to touch up the spattered areas, and I think this project is back on the right track.

I also drilled out the plastic post and replaced it with a steel shaft. This is working great, but while photographing it I dropped it and broke off the jetpack.

This is a blessing in disguise though, since this will give me easy access to the reactor fuel rods on the back to do the OSL. :D :roll:

mmmd

Post by mmmd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:23 am

Well not as bad as i thought^^, what you might consider in the future is getting a bowl of water close to your working place, so when you make a big mistake you can dunk the model in the water and scrub the paint off underwater before it has dried. I always have a wet clean brush at hand when i am painting details to fix spilling mistakes fast and I don't see why that shouldn't work for airbrushing, but you probably have only seconds after a paintsplosion to react, so you have to act fast ^^.

And yes the shield is awesome especially the left most hexagons, which are very uniform and the lightnings, but it looks nice altogether. But maybe consider filling those micro-gabs between the parts in the future, they stick out in the picture and with green stuff and a spatula-something that takes only a few minutes. Personally I am not a fan of the liquid one since it shrinks when it dries, you can only apply it thickly and create pseudo mold lines for removal with it, but it's only one work step with real green stuff.

Nice looking tau and nice kroot! And after your other nice vehicles I am waiting for your riptide.
HPC 2014: Tyranids again - february done
Join the ICs irc-channel!

cicero

Post by cicero » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks for the kind words MMMD, and i will probably try out your suggestion regarding water bowls in the future.

Some action shots from my game yesterday, capturing my models in the nearly instantaneous condition of being on the board before leaving it! Had a great game that I might post a bit more about in a side thread as exposing some interesting weaknesses in my current list and presenting some interesting tactical thoughts for the future.

cicero

Post by cicero » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Riptide is pretty much done. Just the base to go!

Return to “Tau”