Meleck - Tau Empire

Meleck

Meleck - Tau Empire

Post by Meleck » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 pm

This will help me start my army as I keep doing stuff without ever finishing. I hope this will keep me on track. This is my VERY FIRST army. Hell I haven't even finished reading the Tau codex. So I hope that changes to the list are allowed as it will certainly change. Here is the first draft.

I am open to suggestion to changes in the list if the reason for the change is provided. The other element I really like is to have a Gue'vesa (IG) force among the troops that may replace the kroot. I could also use a stand-as but in general I don't like this. Feels like disrespect to the actual codex. Otherwise, I could have the Kroot stand-as Orcs as in more savage kroots. But I don`t own the orc codex and wasn`t planning to (yet...).

The Independent Characters - 2013 Hobby Challenge

Tau Empire (1810pts):
HQ
Commander Shas'el -- Bonding knife, Hard-wired blacksun filter, Targeting array, Twin-linked plasma rifle, XV8 'Crisis' battlesuit (Acute Senses)

Elites
Stealth team with support systems - Infiltrate
Shas'ui team leader -- Bonding knife, Burst cannon, Hard-wired blacksun filter, Markerlight, Shield generator, Stealth armour (Acute Senses), Stealth field generator (Stealth, Shrouded)
Shas'ui -- Burst cannon, Stealth armour (Acute Senses), Stealth field generator (Stealth, Shrouded), Targeting array
Shas'ui -- Burst cannon, Multi-tracker, Stealth armour (Acute Senses), Stealth field generator (Stealth, Shrouded)
Shas'ui -- Burst cannon, Blacksun filter (Night Vision), Stealth armour (Acute Senses), Stealth field generator (Stealth, Shrouded)

XV8 'Crisis' Battlesuit Team
Shas'ui Team Leader -- Twin-linked plasma rifle, Target lock, XV8 'Crisis' battlesuit (Acute Senses)
Shas'ui -- Fusion blaster, Missile pod, Shield generator, XV8 'Crisis' battlesuit (Acute Senses)
Shas'ui -- Fusion blaster, Missile pod, Target lock, XV8 'Crisis' battlesuit (Acute Senses)

Troops
2x Fire Warrior Team
11x Shas'la -- Pulse rifle, Photon grenades
Shas'ui -- Pulse rifle, Bonding knife, Markerlight,
Kroot Carnivore Squad --
1 Kroot shaper
10x Kroot -- Kroot rifle, 6+ Armour Save
5x Kroot Hound

Fast Attack
2x Pathfinder Team
Shas'ui -- Pulse carbine with markerlight
Scouts -- 6x Shas'la with pulse carbine & markerlight, EMP Grenades
Devilfish -- Marker Beacon, 2x Gun Drone, Burst cannon, Landing gear

Piranha Light Skimmer Team
Piranha -- Fusion blaster

Heavy Support
Hammerhead Gunship -- 2x Burst cannon, Blacksun filter (Night Vision), Disruption pod (Shrouded), Landing gear, Railgun, Target lock, Targetting array

XV88 'Broadside' Battlesuit Team
Shas'ui Team Leader -- Target lock, Twin-linked plasma rifle, Twin-linked railgun, XV88 'Broadside' battlesuit (Acute Senses)
2x Shas'ui -- Shield generator, Smart missile system, Twin-linked railgun, XV88 'Broadside' battlesuit (Acute Senses)

Hoping to be able to add an Ethereal as I like the fluff but I'm not attached to it. There may be one on the display board without him being included in the army list.

And, for the Greater Good, I hope there is a new codex appearing the coming year.

boxersaint

Re: Meleck - Tau Empire

Post by boxersaint » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Welcome to the Tau cadre! Any thoughts on a color scheme yet? Both IG and Orks have a lot to offer to Tau, but I am personally making due with Kroot for the time being.

Meleck

Post by Meleck » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 pm

I currently have about 8 color schemes I have to decide from. The Tau interactive painter has got my artistic interest spiked. I may have more than one paint scheme in my army. One for the main cadre and another for the pathfinders and such. Still going over it in my mind.

I'll have more details when I have more time to post.

Meleck

Post by Meleck » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 pm

OK, I failed the January Hobby Progress challenge but I was still working, I'm currently building my Tau and I have selected a paint scheme.

I will still have different paint scheme to my army. Can't stand having the entire army look alike. I want a little bit of variety but it all has to stand together.

So here is the first squadron paint scheme and the more likely to be the basic one. Yes, that is the basic Tau scheme but I got there after multiple attempts. Goes to see that great minds think alike and that sometimes there is no reason to reinvent the wheel.

It just so happens that I found an interesting Web scheme based on a picture of a desert scheme at dusk. I didn't want to say twilight as people might get the wrong idea. I don't do sparkly Tau. Interestingly enough the basic Tau scheme is part of that color palette.

The other schemes are all part of that palette. The first is a reverse scheme of the original. Dark armor with light cloth. It may be the scheme I will use for some troops and may be the one for the pathfinders. If I have a squad of pulse carbine FireWarriors, that would be their scheme.

The third one is a dark, sky theme. My Air Caste will have that theme as well as any Tau fliers that may appear. Some PathFinders, the Ethereals and their retinue will also have that scheme. It would also be my urban theme but with a camo pattern. Still have to work on the digital camo method but I think that would be cool.

The last one is my Stealth suit and night PathFinder scheme. Very dark and very ninja like. Will also be used for an urban camo pattern but I don't plan on doing any at the moment.

Those are my schemes and my color palette. Still building my Tau troops with some conversions, I have plans for female FireWarriors using that demonette heads as described in this Advanced Tau Tactica article (http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewt ... =6&t=11187).

Meleck

Post by Meleck » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:05 pm

I almost I would make the May target but I still had a few things to paint before I could submit them. Sometimes, I feel that if I was to botch things, I'd get more things done. But then I wouldn't be satisfied with them.

I haven't forgotten the challenge but I have problem just sitting down and painting. I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing and I'm getting bogged down with little things instead of just trying them out.

I'm currently working on 12 or so firewarriors, about 8 drones, and 1 devilfish. Yep, I get distracted easily which is why I thought the hobby challenge would help me? It does but not enough.

Here are some of my WIP pictures. This is planned for the June pledge...

Meleck

Post by Meleck » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Yes, for the Greater good of my ego I was able to complete my first team of Fire Warriors. Yeah. Hey I have a right to tut my own horn.

Here is my Fire Warrior Team in the light color scheme. I'll have another team with the same scheme. My Shas'Ui has bronze highlighted shoulder pads. I think it fits with the color scheme.

I'm providing two pictures. One from the front and from the the right hand side of the team. I took
more pictures but they came out too blurry. I have to work on my photographic skills and setup.

Hope you like them. Please provide comments (even if it's just to say that you like them) as I have looked at them for so long that there are probably a few things that I can't see anymore. Now I know why it's called a challenge.

Next month I'm working on the devilfish for that team. It's partially assembled and quite along painting. I hope that it's all right for the challenge. If not, then I need pointers on how to make it all-right.

Strahleo

Post by Strahleo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:11 am

Looks good - some great poses worked into the models and I like the single one without the helmet on a the blue is a real contrast to the camo of the squad.

Return to “Tau”