Jonathan - Tau

Deadestdai

Re: Jonathan - Tau

Post by Deadestdai » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 am

Mike's right - if you can get whatever GW is calling their brown wash and slap it over that model some, it will really make it's details pop.

Nugga Nugga Nugga

Post by Nugga Nugga Nugga » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 am

Hey Buddy, the guys aren't looking bad at all. My skills are miles behind the artistry that some of th painters here are churning out but I found a couple of very simple steps can add significant depth to the model. As a couple of people have already pointed out using a sepia wash over the armour and the cloth will give you some nice contrasts by pooling in the depressions/folds of cloth and proving shadow, you can then increase the contrast by a quick dry rush over the armour and cloth using the respective original colour.

If that's not up your alley there's a product from Army Painter that although I've never personally used I've read excellent reports about called a quick shade. Basically you paint the base colours like you have done, dip the entire model in the quick shade and allow to dry and it washes over the model naturally pooling into areas of shadow. I've got the best part of 100 infantry to paint so I've considered this product previously. It's low effort and appears to have excellent results. I'm also pretty sure they have demo clips on their site or YouTube. Just had a quick google for you to give you a link (assumed you're in th US) http://usshop.thearmypainter.com/produc ... tGroupId=1
Death Korps Army project: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4629

Grots Life

Post by Grots Life » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:14 am

I've had my eye on the Army Painter dip for a while now. It looks like it fits my ability just great.

Grots Life

Post by Grots Life » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 pm

January complete. Words cannot describe how bad I am at painting, so I'll let a photo do the talking, but I did it.

irishlep77

Post by irishlep77 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23 pm

They look pretty good to me. Though, I have to ask, what is the dude on the right doing?? Pretending to be an Etherial?? :)
"I would like to weigh in here... No." - Raj Kootherbali.

"I don't want to be attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis." - Sheldon Cooper.

V-dor103

Post by V-dor103 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Looking fine by me! Great job!
Just a simple guardian on a path to unify the craftworlds:

TweetingEldar.blogspot.com = Home Base
@TweetingEldar = Eldar news from fellow Craftworlds around the web
Facebook.com/TweetingEldar = (still figuring it out)

Grots Life

Post by Grots Life » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:45 pm

He's the commander from the devil fish kit. I just painted him up as an extra. There are 13 Tau in the photo.

Deadestdai

Post by Deadestdai » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 am

Nice neat paint jobs work just fine. Good stuff sir. 8-)

irishlep77

Post by irishlep77 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Grots Life wrote:He's the commander from the devil fish kit. I just painted him up as an extra. There are 13 Tau in the photo.
Ah, sweet. I can't wait to see the rest of this army. It's off to a good start. :)
"I would like to weigh in here... No." - Raj Kootherbali.

"I don't want to be attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis." - Sheldon Cooper.

Grots Life

Post by Grots Life » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 pm

February, I will complete the troops. 12 more Fire Warriors and 12 Kroot. Picture of Kroot will post this weekend, the other Fire Warriors are already posted.

Return to “Tau”