Alex - Dark Angels (August complete)

atimchula

Alex - Dark Angels (August complete)

Post by atimchula » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:32 am

I'm a bit late AND I'm out of the country until April but I have 2 units I can work on here and darnit I'm just going to do that. I'm going with a deep strike heavy army that relies on getting on top of you quickly.

The color pattern is going to be purple, and I'll stick with the deathwing and ravenwing color schemes where I think it is appropriate, with purple accents on the deathwing.

My list (Adjusted Feb 22)

HQ
Belial
Librarian

Troops
10 Tactical Marines - Plasma pistol, Plasma rifle, Missile Launcher
7 Deathwing Terminators
7x Deathwing Terminators
5 Scouts w/ sniper rifles

Elites
Deathwing Knights - Ridiculously long named relic

Fast Attack
4x Ravenwing Bikers - Melta Gun, Melta Bomb
4x Ravenwing Bikers - Melta Gun, Melta Bomb
Nephelim Jetfighter

Commitment List
February - 10 Tactical Marines w/ plasma rifle and missile launcher (COMPLETE)
March - 5 Scouts w/ Sniper Rifles (COMPLETE)
April - Librarian (COMPLETE)M
May - Nephelim Jetfighter (COMPLETE)
June - 4 Ravenwing Bikers (IN PROGRESS)
July - 4 Ravenwing Bikers COMPLETE
August - 7 Deathwing Terminators (IN PROGRESS)
September - 7 Deathwing Terminators (IN PROGRESS)
October - 5 Deathwing Knights
November - Belial
Last edited by atimchula on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:45 am, edited 17 times in total.

atimchula

Re: Alex - Dark Angels

Post by atimchula » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:55 am

My February commitment is 10 tactical marines with plasma gun and missile launcher.

Last edited by atimchula on Mon May 13, 2013 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

atimchula

Post by atimchula » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:25 am

Well I figured I'd give an update. I have the metal and purple basecoat on all my models completed. I went ahead and finished one normal tactical marine so I could see what it would look like.

I'm still trying to figure out how much I like the white shoulder pads. It feels a little too bright and I might have to knock it down to administratum gray to dull it out and give it a white highlight or something. What do you guys think?

Last edited by atimchula on Mon May 13, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

irishlep77

Post by irishlep77 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Very interesting and very clean. :) I have to say though, when I first saw your latest update, the first thing that came to mind was "And the new successor chapter of the Dark Angels: The Purple People Eaters!" :D Seriously, they look good, keep it up!
"I would like to weigh in here... No." - Raj Kootherbali.

"I don't want to be attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis." - Sheldon Cooper.

atimchula

Post by atimchula » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 am

irishlep77 wrote:Very interesting and very clean. :) I have to say though, when I first saw your latest update, the first thing that came to mind was "And the new successor chapter of the Dark Angels: The Purple People Eaters!" :D Seriously, they look good, keep it up!
Haha thanks. I wanted a good excuse to use some colors that I don't really get to use. Purple seemed like it could be fun and after going through a few test models I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Thank you for the reply.

atimchula

Post by atimchula » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Well I changed the shoulder pads to be light gray instead of white. I thought the white was just too bright and was a bit too "Black Templary" for my taste. I really like how the gray turned out so I'll continue with that.

Here is a progress shot of my squad. 4 marines down, 6 to go.

Last edited by atimchula on Mon May 13, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

atimchula

Post by atimchula » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:13 am

Well I got 3 more Tactical Marines painted. I know it isn't exactly the coolest unit to paint, but my list only has one and it is what I brought with me before really getting into the Dark Angels book. That was dumb.

I'm feeling more comfortable with the colors and hopefully that continues in to the last 3 models. I am starting to really wish I had my basing material here, a good base really ties a unit together.

Here you have 7 Marines!
Last edited by atimchula on Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

irishlep77

Post by irishlep77 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Those are some clean Marines. :) I think you made a good choice with the light gray over white. It goes well with the purple, silver and gold. What colors did you use for your plasma effect??
"I would like to weigh in here... No." - Raj Kootherbali.

"I don't want to be attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis." - Sheldon Cooper.

atimchula

Post by atimchula » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:01 am

irishlep77 wrote:Those are some clean Marines. :) I think you made a good choice with the light gray over white. It goes well with the purple, silver and gold. What colors did you use for your plasma effect??
Thanks, I'm glad I made the switch too. The Marines will get a little muddier when I get home, so expect a transformation of the army in May.

The Plasma was done using Lothern Blue then heavily washed with Asurmen Blue. Then I added more Lothern Blue to the middle to give it a core. I'm decently happy with it, but with a limited color pallete I couldn't do too much.

atimchula

Post by atimchula » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 pm

February Commitment complete! Full squad of 10 Marines have been painted. I really wish I had my basing material here. In May I guess I'll have a lot of basing to do.

Last edited by atimchula on Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Space Marines (All Chapters)”