Primebeef - Ultramarines Completed July 31, 2013

panzerfaust101

Re: Primebeef - Ultramarines

Post by panzerfaust101 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Loving the old school marines... They take me back

Col. Dracus

Post by Col. Dracus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 am

Everything is looking great so far Beef! I am glad to see some paint on your Vulkan "counts as", he looks awesome!

STUCARIUS

Post by STUCARIUS » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:26 pm

I also really love the old models from the original plastics set. The modern shoulder pads on the slightly smaller old figures works very well also.

I may have to do a really clean looking unit also as a diversion fromt eh heavy battle damage I am doing right now.

Nice shade of blue also with a nice almost dusty highlight.

Primebeef

Post by Primebeef » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks to everyone who has left feedback on my entry page, especially Col. Drakus who is an awesome gamer/hobby-ist extraordinaire. For anyone interested in knowing how I've been painting my units, visit Arsies Studios and check out his SternGuard Tutorial.

I submitted my March entry on the 31st of March. The tactical squad was table top finished at the time, but I hadn't included all the details. Here is my 10 man tactical squad in all it's blue glory. You can visit my blog listed below to find out how to make your own banners using Microsoft Word and regular paper.

Skip

Post by Skip » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Great looking army! I love the painting style that you have done your Ultras in- especially the banner lol.
Critic Review of my Painting:
Loopy wrote:I weep for the stars that were born and died to make the elements necessary to create the paint you smeared across your models.
Proud member of the fabled Team Battlepouch

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:24 am

Love the squad, really takes me back to old school Rogue Trader era (or at least pre 2nd ed) marines.

The IC podcast banner is fun too, did you use a stencil, how did you make it?

Primebeef

Post by Primebeef » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:39 pm

I knew I wanted to do Ultramarines for the Hobby Progress Challenge 2013. What I didn't want to do is buy new models since I have a bucket full of old space marines just sitting around collecting dust. I purchased two 30 man boxes of the original space marine kits when I was a kid. These miniatures are old, I must have been 15 or so when I picked them up at Walts Hobby Store (RIP). The shoulder pads, arms and weapons are from the first generation Mk 7 sprue. I decided to strip 30 of them with Super Clean, a liquid detergent available at Walmart. Repainting my old models allowed me to saved money, and see how far my painting skills have improved since the Rogue Trader era.

Tangentical, I just posted a tutorial on how to make your own banners on this forum viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5201 . I hope it helps you out.

Primebeef

Post by Primebeef » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 pm

I reworked my list, and will be painting up a Librarian in terminator armor for my army.

Primebeef

Post by Primebeef » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:03 pm

My commitment for May.

Last edited by Primebeef on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy - bG

Post by Andy - bG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 am

Really nice, they look great. The scouts seem different somehow, but I can't quite see it in the picture, have they got some other parts on them?
I also blog about my hobby time here: http://iron-legion.blogspot.co.uk/

Failed HPC'14, Hive Fleet Klendathu: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=6240

Return to “Space Marines (All Chapters)”