Mods - Space Marines/IG Allies - HPC Complete!

Mods

Mods - Space Marines/IG Allies - HPC Complete!

Post by Mods » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 pm

List is not final yet, the intention is to finally paint some of the minis I've stockpiled over the last 10 years or so.

But to make it legal, let's start with two Tactical Squads, a Librarian and a Dreadnought. The rest of the list will follow once I've inventoried my stash.

// Edit to add List // 30 Nov

Final List: 1900 Points

HQ: (165) Librarian // Psyker, Armour Indomitus, Melta Bombs, Digital Weapons
TR: (220) Tac Squad // 10, Vet Sgt, Power Fist, Melta Bombs, Missile Launcher, Flakk, Plasmagun
TR: (190) Tac Squad // 10, Vet Sgt, Melta Bombs, Lascannon, Plasmagun
EL: (125) Dreadnought, Venerable, Extra Armor
HS: (140) Vindicator, Extra Armor, Stormbolter
FA: (145) Stormtalon, Typhoon Missiles

TE: (100) Aegis Defense Line // Quadgun

AHQ: (160) Command Squad // Power Weapon, Master of Ordnance, Flamer, Grenade Launcher, Krak Grenades, Chimera
ATR: (195) Veteran Squad // Demolitions, Autocannon, Plasmagun, Meltagun, Flamer, Chimera
ATR: (190) Veteran Squad // Demolitions, Autocannon, Plasmagun, Flamer, Grenade Launcher, Chimera
AHS: (125) Basilisk
AFA: (145) Hellhound // Extra Armor

Kind of bummed that I didn't make an allied Elites choice, just for the symmetry...
Last edited by Mods on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mods

Re: Mods - Space Marines

Post by Mods » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 pm

January Plans: I'll start things off a little slowly, stage one is painting my dreadnought.
Attachments
dread-before.JPG
dread-before.JPG (34.16 KiB) Viewed 2289 times

amazarak

Post by amazarak » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm excited for this! Will the dread be magnetic or configured as seen?

Mods

Post by Mods » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:59 pm

This guy is from black reach (yeah, he's been sitting around a while) so he doesn't have any other arms. I guess I'll probably do magnets anyway just so I can change it up later.

Lemenhead

Post by Lemenhead » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Good luck Mods!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

narceron

Post by narceron » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:37 pm

One thing I did for my black reach dread was fill in the empty back part of the weapon and fist arms with plasticard, took about 5 minutes and makes the model just a little bit better.

Cheers on getting started on the backlog, I feel ya.

Mods

Post by Mods » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 pm

narceron wrote:One thing I did for my black reach dread was fill in the empty back part of the weapon and fist arms with plasticard, took about 5 minutes and makes the model just a little bit better.
The only other dread I ever built was an old metal one, so I didn't really know what you were talking about...but after taking a look, I totally agree. I didn't happen to have any plasticard on hand though, so I went ahead without it. I figure I can probably fix that up a bit later.

So after one good day to get hobby stuff done, this is where I'm at. Historically I'm one of those folks that don't know how to finish a model, I tend to keep tinkering. My goal is that I not spend more than another two sessions on it...do up some highlights and shading and call it good. Well, I'll probably try to figure out basing too.

This sort of structured challenge is certainly the only way I'd ever get a whole force done. It's great to see so many people getting paint on models!
Attachments
dread1.JPG
dread1.JPG (39.05 KiB) Viewed 2178 times

killic

Post by killic » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Yellow is looking good. Do you have any other models with that color scheme? I mentally cant picture how the army would look with that color yet.

Keep going!

Mods

Post by Mods » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 am

Sure, here's a shot of the first marine I painted (on the right), and another one from 1999-ish, pretty sure from just after third edition came out. (No, not "since rogue trader days!")

It took real effort to not crop that axe out of the picture. I'm not sure what I was thinking.
Attachments
troops.JPG
troops.JPG (111.73 KiB) Viewed 2167 times

ElectricPaladin

Post by ElectricPaladin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 am

Mods wrote:...It took real effort to not crop that axe out of the picture. I'm not sure what I was thinking.
I don't know what you're thinking now. That axe is totally freaking wicked. Slightly OTT, but not outside the bounds of 40k.

Seriously, I think those guys are really cool. I think you could update them with a brown wash and some highlights, but other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

Return to “Space Marines (All Chapters)”