Pidge's Black Templars: Challenge Complete!

student teacher

Re: Pidge's Black Templars: Progress???

Post by student teacher » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Well I've started a bit of a stretch-goal for this month (sorta).

I have sat down and started some work on the adjustments I am having to make because of the changes to the Space Marine codex.

First up, an overall picture of my desk at the moment.

Next up a picture of some of the guys that will remain Templars, but I've had to chop their arms or heads off to make sure that my new Raven Guard dudes will not have the Black Templar chained weapons.

I'm going to have to go back and do a little bit more work on these guys as some of them now have red rimmed shoulder pads.

Up next are the assault marines that will become Raven Guard. I am, of course going to have to work on the should pads a bit. I doubt I am going to have these guys 100% done because I am going to need to buy some Raven Guard decals from Forge World, but I don't think I'll be able to buy them until late October. We'll see.

I think I am going to keep the red trim on the jet packs. I like that.

Next up, I have what will become my Vanguard Vets. I am not sure if they will be worth is, but the kit looks beautiful and I want the models. I'm not sure how I'm going to kit them out, but I am thinking a bit of everything with a set of Claws, a TH/SS, a Power Sword, a Power Ax and perhaps a single dude with a Chain Sword and a pistol (perhaps a Grav Pistol).

The next set of dudes will be the tactical squad for the Raven Guard. Using the allies, I'll need a troop choice to go along with the Assault Marines and the Vanguard Vets. Of course, with my luck, they'll come out with the Raven Guard supplement that will allow Assault Marines as troops (which I feel will happen).

Lastly, here is a bit of a deal I found on eBay. A set of metal Space Marine Veterans (Mark I) for $15. I'm not sure what I will use them for yet, but I've got them here.

cicero

Re: Pidge's Black Templars: September Complete!

Post by cicero » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Well your crusader squads can take sergeants now, so that would seem to be a propitious use for them. Really very pretty models, keep up the good work!
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

student teacher

Post by student teacher » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Quick update tonight. The Raven Guard are coming along. I am really surprised on how different these guys look with their shoulder pads painted a different color. As you can see I'm not quite done yet. The sergeant will have a white helmet which will be painted before I attach it to the model, and it appears I am completely out of chainsword arms!

student teacher

Post by student teacher » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:26 pm

More work this weekend. I would have finished up this tactical squad except for the fact that a nap snuck itself into the weekend today.

Anywho. All that is left is the bolters on the guys (and a gravgun I need to get from a buddy) and then the white arms/helmet on the Vet Sergeant.

student teacher

Post by student teacher » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Another quick update.

So I finished the Raven Guard tac squad (except for the Gravgun). I'm really happy with the white on the Veteran Sergeant. I think it turned out pretty well.

student teacher

Re: Pidge's Black Templars: October Posted

Post by student teacher » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Almost forgot my pledge for October!

So the guy on the right is my Marshal, and the guy on the left is my Termie Chaplain, who now sucks a lot more then he used to. :cry:

student teacher

Re: Pidge's Black Templars: October Posted!

Post by student teacher » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Quick update.

I finally got the gravgun from my buddy, and I didn't have to pay $15 for it like they are going for on ebay! My buddy has Dark Angels, and bought a Sternguard box to make squad leaders, so he didn't need the gravgun.

Anywho, here is the final guy from my Raven Guard tac squad.

I did get a bit of work on my Chaplain. I laid down the first couple of colors. The brown that will become gold and the parchment, and the beginnings of the skull.

I also took knife and file to my old Sicarius model and I got the Ultramarines symbols off of the dude and he is currently being primed.

Until next time!

student teacher

Post by student teacher » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Did a little bit more work on my Chappie today. I finished up his body, now all I have to do are his arms.

I had a bit of an issue with my "cheap" primer I bought from Lowes. I used it to spray some of my plastic models and it came out OK, but when I sprayed my metal guy I am going to use as my Marshal, he came out GLOSSY! I've gone over him with some Chaos Black using a paint brush, and he looks a bit better, I'll probably start working on him after I'm done with the Chappie.

cicero

Post by cicero » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Looks awesome! One of my favorite models.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

student teacher

Re: Pidge's Black Templars: Update from Last Week

Post by student teacher » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Well I actually finished the Libby last week before I went out of town for the weekend, but I didn't get a chance to post him before I left.

Here he is.

Just about the only thing I really dislike about this model is the bolter shells hanging from the bottom of the storm bolter. I just think it looks rather silly. For chaos space marines, no problem, but not for loyalist. Just my opinion.

I also just finished my squad leader for my my Raven Guard jump pack dudes. I followed the painting guide on the GW site, and I found it pretty easy to paint. I hope it'll work well when I do my white scars bikes.

I just got another shipment of bases in and I'll be working on those soon to put bases on all my Raven Guard dudes.

Return to “Space Marines (All Chapters)”